- Ford F450 Super Duty insurance costs an average of $2,358 per year for a full coverage policy, but prices can vary considerably based on driver age and policy limits.
- The F450 Super Duty XL Regular Cab model is the cheapest to insure at around $2,176 per year. The most expensive trim is the Limited Crew Cab 4WD at $2,586 per year.
- Out of 10 other heavy duty truck comparison models for 2023, the F450 Super Duty ranks 10th for insurance cost.
How much does Ford F450 Super Duty insurance cost?
Ford F450 car insurance costs an average of $2,358 a year for a full coverage policy. Collision insurance costs an estimated $1,142 a year, comprehensive costs approximately $478, and the remaining liability and medical payments insurance will cost around $738.
The following rate chart displays a summary of 2023 Ford F450 Super Duty insurance rates using a variety of policy scenarios and driver ages.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$5,452||$454|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$4,770||$398|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$3,366||$281|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$3,082||$257|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,486||$207|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,358||$197|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$2,154||$180|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$2,118||$177|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,994||$166|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,954||$163|
The following data table breaks down average insurance cost data for a Ford F450 Super Duty for the 2013 to 2023 model years and for various driver ages.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 Ford F450 Super Duty||$4,770||$2,358||$2,118|
|2022 Ford F450 Super Duty||$4,394||$2,172||$1,946|
|2021 Ford F450 Super Duty||$4,084||$2,024||$1,812|
|2020 Ford F450 Super Duty||$4,030||$1,994||$1,788|
|2019 Ford F450 Super Duty||$3,920||$1,940||$1,738|
|2018 Ford F450 Super Duty||$4,094||$2,014||$1,810|
|2017 Ford F450 Super Duty||$3,912||$1,926||$1,730|
|2016 Ford F450 Super Duty||$3,658||$1,806||$1,622|
|2015 Ford F450 Super Duty||$3,814||$1,890||$1,702|
|2014 Ford F450 Super Duty||$3,138||$1,568||$1,404|
|2013 Ford F450 Super Duty||$2,936||$1,472||$1,318|
The next table displays the estimated yearly and 6-month policy costs, plus a monthly amount for budgeting, for each Ford F450 Super Duty package and trim.
|Ford F450 Super Duty Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|XL Regular Cab||$2,176||$1,088||$181|
|XL Regular Cab 4WD||$2,226||$1,113||$186|
|XL Crew Cab||$2,250||$1,125||$188|
|XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$2,278||$1,139||$190|
|XL Crew Cab 4WD||$2,294||$1,147||$191|
|XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$2,322||$1,161||$194|
|Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$2,420||$1,210||$202|
|King Ranch Crew Cab 4WD||$2,512||$1,256||$209|
|Platinum Crew Cab 4WD||$2,522||$1,261||$210|
|Limited Crew Cab 4WD||$2,586||$1,293||$216|
How do F450 Super Duty insurance rates rank?
The Ford F450 Super Duty ranks 10th out of 10 total vehicles in the heavy duty truck category for most affordable auto insurance rates. The F450 Super Duty costs an average of $2,358 per year to insure and the category average rate is $2,027 annually, a difference of $331 per year.
When compared directly to other heavy duty truck models, insurance rates for a Ford F450 Super Duty cost $422 more per year than the Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500, $418 more than the Chevrolet Silverado HD 3500, and $226 more than the Ford F250 Super Duty.
The table displayed below shows how average F450 Super Duty car insurance cost compares to the top-selling heavy duty trucks like the Ford F350 Super Duty, GMC Sierra 2500 HD, and the GMC Sierra 3500.
|1||GMC Sierra 2500 HD||$1,804||-$554|
|2||GMC Sierra 3500||$1,866||-$492|
|3||Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500||$1,936||-$422|
|4||Chevrolet Silverado HD 3500||$1,940||-$418|
|5||Nissan Titan XD||$1,970||-$388|
|6||Ram Truck 2500||$2,002||-$356|
|7||Ford F350 Super Duty||$2,108||-$250|
|8||Ford F250 Super Duty||$2,132||-$226|
|9||Ram Truck 3500||$2,158||-$200|
|10||Ford F450 Super Duty||$2,358||--|
Ford F350 vs F450 insurance
The decision of whether buy a F350 or F450 truck often comes down to minor details, like the cost of insurance. When it comes to F350 vs. F450 insurance cost, the F350 has slightly cheaper average insurance cost than the F450. But at only about $60 year, it’s probably not a big enough difference to sway such a large purchase decision.
The model of F350 or F450 truck can make a big difference in insurance cost, however. Comparing a F350 XL model with the 6.2L V8 engine is not an apples-to-apples comparison to the F450 Limited with the 6.7L Power Stroke turbo diesel. So when buying one of these big (and expensive) trucks, make sure you do your due diligence and get a few insurance quotes to make sure you don’t get sticker shock when shopping for insurance.
Other F450 Super Duty insurance rates and insights
More important data observations regarding F450 Super Duty insurance cost include:
- F450 Super Duty insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage F450 Super Duty insurance costs $8,674 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $8,114 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $7,572 per year for an 18-year-old driver, and $6,844 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- Car insurance is cheaper with higher deductibles. Raising your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $364 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $732 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Choosing a low deductible will increase insurance policy cost. Dropping your physical damage deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $384 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $776 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Get cheaper rates because of your employment. Some insurance companies offer policy discounts for working in professions like doctors, engineers, lawyers, high school and elementary teachers, firefighters, dentists, and others. If you qualify for this occupational discount, you could save between $71 and $178 on your annual F450 Super Duty insurance premium, subject to the policy coverages selected.
- Excellent credit equals excellent rates. Having a good credit rating over 800 could save $370 per year compared to a good credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a lesser credit rating could cost around $429 more per year.
- Earn policy discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds are claim-free, insure their home and car with the same company, are accident-free, are good students, work in certain occupations, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $404 per year on the cost of insuring a Ford F450 Super Duty.
- Be a careful driver and pay less. Multiple at-fault accidents raise rates, possibly by an extra $1,130 per year for a 30-year-old driver and as much as $800 per year for a 50-year-old driver.
- Obey driving laws to keep rates low. In order to get the cheapest possible F450 Super Duty insurance rates, it pays to obey traffic laws. In fact, just a couple blemishes on your motor vehicle report have the ramification of increasing insurance policy cost by up to $640 per year. Being convicted of a crime such as hit-and-run could raise rates by an additional $2,248 or more.