- The average cost of car insurance in Florida is $2,196 per year, or around $183 per month, for a full-coverage policy.
- Models like the Honda Passport, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Subaru Crosstrek, and Nissan Kicks have some of the cheaper car insurance rates in Florida.
- Average annual rates vary considerably depending on where you live in Florida, from $1,892 in Jacksonville to $2,544 in Miami.
What is average car insurance cost in Florida?
Average car insurance rates in Florida cost $2,196 per year, or about $183 per month, which is 26.3% more than the national average rate of $1,685.
Car insurance cost for some of the more popular cars in Florida include the Toyota Corolla at an average of $2,062 per year, the Honda Accord at $2,218, the Toyota Camry at $2,090, and the Honda Civic at $2,152 per year.
Average car insurance rates for popular compact SUVs in Florida include the Toyota RAV4 at $2,036 per year, the Honda CR-V at $1,864 per year, and the Chevy Equinox at an average rate of $1,976 per year.
The chart below shows average car insurance quotes in Florida for 2023 model year vehicles and different driver ages and policy deductible amounts.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
In Florida, the average cost of car insurance ranges from $1,660 per year for a 60-year-old driver with a high deductible policy to $5,078 per year for a 20-year-old driver with low deductibles, which cost more. For those same drivers, the average cost of car insurance per month in Florida ranges from $138 to $423.
Car insurance rates for teen drivers age 16 to 19 will be the highest of any age group. Average cost ranges from $5,536 per year for a 19-year-old female driver up to $7,868 per year for a 16-year-old male driver.
Which cars are cheapest to insure in Florida?
The top three cheapest vehicles to insure in Florida are the Chevrolet Trailblazer at an average cost of $1,664 per year, the Subaru Crosstrek at $1,676 per year, and the Nissan Kicks at $1,684 per year.
Other models that rank very well for car insurance cost in Florida include are the Honda Passport at $1,708, the Nissan Rogue Sport at $1,716, and the Mazda CX-5 at $1,726 per year.
The cheapest pickup to insure in Florida is the Ford Maverick at an average cost of $1,822 per year. The cheapest luxury car to insure is the Acura Integra at an average cost of $1,974 per year, and the luxury SUV with the best average rates is the Acura RDX at an annual cost of $1,830.
The models shown in the table below are ranked by average annual and monthly cost for cheap car insurance in Florida.
Cheapest car insurance by vehicle segment
The previous list of the cheapest vehicles to insure in Florida tends to pull in a lot of compact and mid-size cars and SUVs, which by nature are the most affordable segments for auto insurance.
The list below shows the cheapest vehicles to insure in Florida for each segment, regardless if they made the top 50 list above.
- Cheapest compact car insurance – Subaru Impreza at $1,818 per year or $152 per month
- Cheapest compact SUV insurance – Chevrolet Trailblazer at $1,664 per year or $139 per month
- Cheapest midsize car insurance – Subaru Legacy at $2,024 per year or $169 per month
- Cheapest midsize SUV insurance – Honda Passport at $1,708 per year or $142 per month
- Cheapest full-size car insurance – Chrysler 300 at $2,144 per year or $179 per month
- Cheapest full-size SUV insurance – Chevrolet Tahoe at $2,060 per year or $172 per month
- Cheapest midsize pickup insurance – Ford Maverick at $1,822 per year or $152 per month
- Cheapest full-size pickup insurance – Nissan Titan at $2,174 per year or $181 per month
- Cheapest heavy duty pickup insurance – GMC Sierra 2500 HD at $2,248 per year or $187 per month
- Cheapest minivan insurance – Honda Odyssey at $2,008 per year or $167 per month
- Cheapest sports car insurance – Mazda MX-5 Miata at $2,030 per year or $169 per month
- Cheapest compact luxury car insurance – Acura Integra at $1,974 per year or $165 per month
- Cheapest compact luxury SUV insurance – Acura RDX at $1,830 per year or $153 per month
- Cheapest midsize luxury car insurance – Cadillac CT5 at $2,364 per year or $197 per month
- Cheapest midsize luxury SUV insurance – Lexus RX 350 at $1,966 per year or $164 per month
- Cheapest full-size luxury car insurance – Audi A5 at $2,464 per year or $205 per month
- Cheapest full-size luxury SUV insurance – Volvo XC90 at $2,266 per year or $189 per month
Average car insurance rates for popular vehicles in Florida
The chart below shows average car insurance rates for 25 of the most popular vehicles sold in the state of Florida. Some vehicles were featured earlier in the cheapest rates list, but other models like the Toyota Camry, Toyota Highlander, Chevy Silverado, and Ram 1500 pickup have more expensive rates and did not make the list for cheap car insurance in Florida.
|Make/Model||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Hyundai Santa Fe||$2,254||$188|
Average insurance rates by Florida city
Average annual and monthly car insurance rates are listed below for some of the larger metro areas in Florida. Click any city to view detailed insurance rate information for that location.
- Jacksonville Car Insurance - $1,892 per year or $158 per month
- Miami Car Insurance - $2,544 per year or $212 per month
- Tampa Car Insurance - $2,476 per year or $206 per month
- St. Petersburg Car Insurance - $2,242 per year or $187 per month
- Orlando Car Insurance - $1,934 per year or $161 per month
- Hialeah Car Insurance - $2,624 per year or $219 per month
- Tallahassee Car Insurance - $1,756 per year or $146 per month