- Infiniti QX80 car insurance costs an average of $1,816 per year, $908 for a 6-month policy, or $151 per month.
- The Infiniti QX80 is one of the cheaper 2019 large luxury SUVs to insure, costing $261 less per year on average as compared to the rest of the vehicles in the segment.
- The cheapest Infiniti QX80 insurance is on the base 2WD model at $1,754 per year.
How much are Infiniti QX80 car insurance rates?
Infiniti QX80 insurance averages around $1,816 a year for full coverage, or $151 a month, for the 2019 model. On average, expect to pay around $261 less annually to insure an Infiniti QX80 compared to the average rate for large luxury SUVs, and $249 more per year than the $1,567 average for all vehicles.
The following chart shows average car insurance cost for a 2019 Infiniti QX80 using a range of policy scenarios.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,192||$349|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,666||$306|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,564||$214|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,456||$205|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,934||$161|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,816||$151|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,656||$138|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,632||$136|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,506||$126|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,496||$125|
Additional rate examples and ways to save on QX80 car insurance are as follows:
- Bring up your credit score and save. In states that have laws that allow a driver’s credit rating to be used for the purpose of determining insurance rates, having a high credit score of 800+ can possibly save as much as $285 per year versus a credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a not-so-perfect credit rating could cost as much as $331 more per year.
- High-risk drivers pay much more for QX80 insurance. For a 30-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk policy due to excessive accidents and/or violations can potentially increase rates by $2,258 or more per year.
- The higher deductible you choose, the lower the policy cost. Increasing your deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $320 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $644 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Lowering deductibles makes car insurance more expensive. Lowering your policy deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $338 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $686 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Avoiding accidents makes for cheaper insurance. Too frequent at-fault accidents can raise rates, possibly by an extra $2,602 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even $748 per year for a 40-year-old driver.
- Earn policy discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds drive low annual mileage, are homeowners, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, take a defensive driving course, insure their home and car with the same company, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $310 per year on their insurance cost.
- Insuring teen drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage QX80 insurance costs $6,410 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,070 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,698 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Rates trend downward as age increases. The difference in 2019 QX80 insurance cost between a 60-year-old driver ($1,632 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,666 per year) is $2,034, or a savings of 55.5%.
How does Infiniti QX80 car insurance cost rank?
The Infiniti QX80 ranks #3 out of 13 comparison vehicles in the large luxury SUV category for the 2019 model year. The QX80 costs an average of $1,816 per year to insure for full coverage, while the segment average rate is $2,077 annually, a difference of $261.
When compared to other full-size luxury SUVs, insurance rates for a Infiniti QX80 cost $82 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz GLS450, $12 less than the Cadillac Escalade, $38 more than the BMW X7, and $324 less than the Land Rover Range Rover.
The chart below shows how the QX80 compares to the rest of the top 10 selling large luxury SUVs in 2019 for insurance affordability.
|2||Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,808||-$8|
|7||Lexus LX 570||$1,970||$154|
|9||Land Rover Range Rover||$2,140||$324|
|10||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS63||$2,318||$502|
|13||Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG||$2,664||$848|
What is the cheapest Infiniti QX80 insurance?
With Infiniti QX80 car insurance cost ranging from $1,754 to $1,940 annually, the lowest-cost model to insure is the base 2WD model. The next cheapest trim level to insure is the base AWD model at $1,754 per year. On average, plan on paying around $146 per month to insure an QX80 for full coverage.
The rate table below shows average full coverage car insurance rates for each 2019 Infiniti QX80 trim level.
|Infiniti QX80 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
Does a newer QX80 cost more to insure?
Generally, the older the vehicle is, the less it costs to insure. For example, insurance rates for a 2014 Infiniti QX80 are around $328 cheaper per year than a 2019 model.
The data below shows average Infiniti QX80 insurance rates for the 2014 through 2019 model years and for drivers age 20 through 60.
|Model Year||Driver Age 20||Age 30||Age 40||Age 50||Age 60|