- Average Toyota Land Cruiser insurance cost is $1,902 per year, or about $159 per month for full coverage.
- When compared to the entire large luxury SUV segment, the Land Cruiser ranks in the middle at #4 out of 11 total comparison vehicles.
- Insuring a used Land Cruiser could save as much as $472 over the cost of insuring new.
How much does Land Cruiser car insurance cost?
Average car insurance rates for a Toyota Land Cruiser cost $1,902 per year, or around $159 per month. For individual coverages, liability/medical (or PIP) coverage costs approximately $438 a year, collision coverage costs approximately $972, and the remaining comprehensive coverage will cost about $492.
The chart below details average Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates using different combinations of driver age and risk.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,326||$361|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,790||$316|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,664||$222|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,550||$213|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,024||$169|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,902||$159|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,730||$144|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,700||$142|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,580||$132|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,570||$131|
The chart above shows just a handful of different possible car insurance rates for the Land Cruiser, when in fact, the total number of possible rates is literally in the billions due to the number of factors that make up a rate calculation.
Below are some additional cost considerations as well as potential discounts to look for on your next policy.
- High-risk Land Cruiser insurance is expensive. A 50-year-old driver with too many driving record violations or accidents could end up with a rate increase of $2,220 or more per year.
- Fewer violations means cheaper rates. To pay the cheapest Land Cruiser auto insurance rates, it pays to not be aggressive behind the wheel. Not surprisingly, just one or two minor traffic violations could bump up the price of a policy by at least $494 per year. Being convicted of a crime such as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol could raise rates by an additional $1,742 or more.
- Older drivers tend to pay less than younger drivers. The difference in 2021 Land Cruiser insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($1,700 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,790 per year) is $2,090, or a savings of 55.1%.
- The cost to insure teen drivers on a Land Cruiser is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Land Cruiser insurance costs $6,602 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,238 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,854 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Raise your credit for better rates. An excellent credit score over 800 could save as much as $299 per year when compared to a slightly lower credit rating between 670-739. Conversely, a diminished credit rating could cost up to $346 more per year.
How do Land Cruiser insurance rates compare?
When compared to similar vehicles, insurance for a Toyota Land Cruiser costs $92 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz GLS450, $318 more than the Volvo XC90, $30 less than the Cadillac Escalade, and $58 more than the BMW X7.
The Land Cruiser ranks #4 out of 11 total vehicles in the large luxury SUV category. It costs an average of $1,902 per year to insure for full coverage, while the category average is $2,144 per year, a difference of $242 per year.
The table below shows how 2021 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates compare to other vehicle models in the same segment.
|4||Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,902||--|
|7||Lexus LX 570||$2,206||$304|
|8||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLS63||$2,410||$508|
|9||Land Rover Range Rover||$2,476||$574|
|11||Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG||$2,894||$992|
How much is insurance on a used Land Cruiser?
Car insurance rates on a 2013 Land Cruiser could be as much as $472 less per year when compared to insuring a new 2021 model. Even the 2018 model could save around $148 per year over the cost of new.
The data table below illustrates typical Toyota Land Cruiser car insurance rates for the 2013 through 2021 model years. The cost of insurance ranges from the cheapest rate of $1,430 for a 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser to the most expensive price of $1,902 for a new 2021 Land Cruiser.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2021 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,902||$951||$159|
|2020 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,860||$930||$155|
|2019 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,808||$904||$151|
|2018 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,754||$877||$146|
|2017 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,704||$852||$142|
|2016 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,556||$778||$130|
|2015 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,612||$806||$134|
|2014 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,476||$738||$123|
|2013 Toyota Land Cruiser||$1,430||$715||$119|