- Average Jeep Gladiator insurance cost is $1,834 per year, or $153 per month for full coverage.
- The Gladiator Sport trim level is the cheapest to insure at around $1,720 per year, or $143 per month. The model with the most expensive insurance is the High Altitude at $1,922 per year, or around $160 per month.
- Out of 10 vehicles in the midsize truck segment, the Gladiator ranks ninth for insurance affordability.
How much does Jeep Gladiator insurance cost?
Jeep Gladiator car insurance rates average $1,834 per year for full coverage. Depending on the trim level being insured, monthly car insurance for a 2023 Jeep Gladiator costs from $143 to $160.
Overall, expect to pay approximately $168 more each year for Jeep Gladiator insurance when compared to the average rate for all midsize trucks, and $149 more per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,685.
The chart below shows average car insurance cost on a 2023 Jeep Gladiator using different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,210||$351|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,682||$307|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,614||$218|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,358||$197|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,922||$160|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,834||$153|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,676||$140|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,646||$137|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,566||$131|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,520||$127|
Additional rate information and ideas to keep insurance cost down:
- Increasing deductibles lowers insurance cost. Increasing your deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $268 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $526 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles increase auto insurance cost. Lowering your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $278 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $560 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Citations and violations increase rates. If you want to receive the best Gladiator insurance rates, you need to keep calm behind the wheel. Not surprisingly, just a couple of blemishes on your motor vehicle report can raise policy rates by up to $496 per year. Major convictions like DUI/DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,730 or more.
- Avoid accidents and save. Too frequent at-fault accidents can raise rates, possibly by an additional $2,630 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even as much as $780 per year for a 40-year-old driver.
- High risk insurance is expensive. For a 40-year-old driver, the need to buy a high-risk policy could increase the cost by $2,264 or more per year.
- Your choice of occupation could lower your rates. Many car insurance providers offer discounts for earning a living in occupations like police officers and law enforcement, scientists, doctors, engineers, farmers, architects, and other occupations. Obtaining this discount may save between $55 and $178 on your auto insurance bill, depending on your policy.
- Jeep Gladiator teen driver insurance is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Gladiator insurance costs $6,786 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,312 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,882 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
What is the cheapest Jeep Gladiator insurance?
With Jeep Gladiator insurance rates ranging from $1,720 to $1,922 per year for the average driver, the cheapest car insurance rates are on the Sport. The highest cost model to insure is the High Altitude at $1,922 per year.
The next table displays average car insurance rates for annual and semi-annual policy terms, including a monthly budget amount, for each Jeep Gladiator model trim level.
|Jeep Gladiator Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
How does Gladiator insurance compare?
The Jeep Gladiator ranks ninth out of 10 total vehicles in the 2023 midsize truck category. The Gladiator costs an average of $1,834 per year for insurance and the segment average rate is $1,666 annually, a difference of $168 per year.
When compared to other midsize trucks, insurance for a Gladiator costs $220 more per year than the Toyota Tacoma, $364 more than the Chevrolet Colorado, $268 more than the Ford Ranger, and $312 more than the Nissan Frontier.
The chart below shows how the Gladiator compares to the rest of the midsize pickup truck segment for insurance affordability.
|7||Hyundai Santa Cruz||$1,640||-$194|
When we factor in MSRP, it enables us to see how insurance rates compare between the Gladiator and models in a similar price range. A 2023 model year Gladiator has an average purchase price of $46,837, which ranges from $38,775 to $54,475.
The four midsize pickup models closest in price to the Jeep Gladiator are the Honda Ridgeline, GMC Canyon, Chevrolet Colorado, and Toyota Tacoma.
The data below shows how those models compare to a 2023 Jeep Gladiator by sticker price and insurance policy cost.
- Compared to the Honda Ridgeline – With an average MSRP of $42,885 ($38,800 to $46,230), the Honda Ridgeline costs $3,952 less than the average MSRP for the Gladiator. The cost to insure a Gladiator compared to the Honda Ridgeline is $82 more annually on average.
- Compared to the GMC Canyon – The GMC Canyon has an average sticker price of $41,127 ($38,800 to $48,890), which is $5,710 cheaper than the average sticker price for the Gladiator. The cost to insure a Jeep Gladiator compared to the GMC Canyon is $232 more every 12 months on average.
- Compared to the Chevrolet Colorado – The Chevrolet Colorado has an average retail price of $37,336 ($28,605 to $48,065), which is $9,501 cheaper than the average MSRP for the Gladiator. Drivers can expect to pay around $364 less every 12 months to insure the Chevrolet Colorado compared to a Gladiator.
- Compared to the Toyota Tacoma – The 2023 Toyota Tacoma has an average retail price of $35,044, ranging from $27,250 to $46,685, which is $11,793 cheaper than the average MSRP for the Gladiator. The cost to insure a 2023 Gladiator compared to the Toyota Tacoma is $220 more annually on average.
Gladiator insurance cost by model year
The table below shows typical full coverage car insurance policy costs for a Jeep Gladiator for the 2020 through 2023 model years. Cost ranges from $1,550 to $1,834, averaged across all trim levels for each model year.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2023 Jeep Gladiator||$1,834||$917||$153|
|2022 Jeep Gladiator||$1,628||$814||$136|
|2021 Jeep Gladiator||$1,570||$785||$131|
|2020 Jeep Gladiator||$1,550||$775||$129|