- Honda Clarity insurance costs an average of $1,822 per year on average, or about $152 per month for a policy with full coverage.
- The cheapest Clarity insurance can be found on the Plug-in Hybrid trim level at an estimated $1,796 per year. The most expensive is the Touring at $1,848 annually.
- When compared to the entire small car segment, the 2022 Clarity ranks in the bottom half at 16th out of 20 total comparison vehicles.
How much does Honda Clarity car insurance cost?
Car insurance for a Honda Clarity costs an average of $1,822 per year. Monthly insurance cost for a Clarity averages $152 per month, and ranges from $150 to $154, depending on the trim level.
Collision insurance is an estimated $818 a year, comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage will cost an estimated $434, and the remaining liability and medical payments insurance will cost approximately $570.
The following chart illustrates average 2022 Honda Clarity insurance rates using different risk profiles and driver ages.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,144||$345|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,630||$303|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,572||$214|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,374||$198|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,920||$160|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,822||$152|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,660||$138|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,628||$136|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,538||$128|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,512||$126|
To help you understand the amount of variability inherent in car insurance rates, keep in mind that buying a Honda Clarity insurance policy with only liability coverage in the most affordable parts of Illinois or Vermont costs as little as $236 a year, while a teenager with a poor driving record in some zip codes in New Orleans, LA, could get a bill for $15,458 a year for a policy that provides full coverage on a 2022 Clarity.
Which Honda Clarity has the cheapest insurance?
The cheapest trim level of Honda Clarity to insure is the base Plug-in Hybrid model at around $1,796 per year, or about $150 per month.
The most expensive model to insure is the Touring model at an average cost of $1,848 per year, or about $154 per month.
The table below breaks out car insurance rates for the base and Touring models of the 2022 Honda Clarity. Rates are provided for both annual and semi-annual policy terms, along with a monthly amount for budgeting purposes.
|Honda Clarity Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
How does Honda Clarity insurance cost compare?
When compared directly to other popular compact cars, insurance rates for a Clarity cost $182 more per year than the Honda Civic, $188 more than the Toyota Corolla, $206 more than the Nissan Sentra, and $52 less than the Hyundai Elantra.
The Honda Clarity ranks 16th out of 20 total vehicles in the 2022 small car class. The Clarity costs an estimated $1,822 per year for insurance and the class median average cost is $1,706 annually, a difference of $116 per year.
The table below shows how well average Honda Clarity car insurance rates compare to other compact cars like the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and the Hyundai Elantra.
|19||Mitsubishi Mirage G4||$1,884||$62|
Additional insurance rates and information
Some other situational car insurance rates worth noting are:
- Being a cautious driver saves money. Too many at-fault accidents will increase rates, possibly as much as $2,558 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $558 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Honda Clarity car insurance for teenagers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Clarity insurance costs $6,544 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,118 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,716 per year for an 18-year-old driver.
- As you get older, rates tend to drop. The difference in Clarity car insurance rates between a 40-year-old driver ($1,822 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,630 per year) is $1,808, or a savings of 66.3%.
- Get cheaper rates by researching discounts. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers belong to certain professional organizations, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are accident-free, work in certain occupations, are away-from-home students, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $310 per year.
- Get cheaper insurance cost by avoiding traffic tickets. In order to get the most affordable price on Clarity insurance rates, it’s necessary to avoid traffic citations. As a matter of fact, just a couple blemishes on your driving record could raise the cost of a policy by as much as $480 per year.