- Kia Stinger insurance costs an average of $1,798 per year or around $150 per month, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest Kia Stinger car insurance is on the base GT-Line trim level at an estimated $1,720 per year.
- The Stinger GT2 is the most expensive to insure at $1,876 per year.
- The Stinger ranks #13 out of 13 vehicles in the 2022 midsize car class for insurance affordability.
How much does Kia Stinger insurance cost?
Average Kia Stinger car insurance costs $1,798 per year for full coverage, which is about $150 a month. When priced by coverage type, collision coverage costs approximately $852 a year, comprehensive will cost approximately $436, and the remaining liability and medical payments insurance is about $510.
The chart below demonstrates how average car insurance cost on a Stinger changes when driver age and risk profile also change.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,096||$341|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,586||$299|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,534||$211|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,366||$197|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,902||$159|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,798||$150|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,636||$136|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,606||$134|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,504||$125|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,492||$124|
Additional insurance rates and helpful policy tips are listed below.
- High-risk drivers pay a lot more for insurance. For a 40-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk insurance policy could raise rates by $2,166 or more per year.
- Young male drivers pay the highest car insurance rates. For a 2022 Kia Stinger, a 20-year-old male will pay an average rate of $3,586 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver will get a rate of $2,648, a difference of $938 per year in favor of the women by a long shot. But by age 50, the rate for males is $1,636 and the rate for females is $1,602, a difference of only $34.
- Earn policy discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the policyholders sign their policy early, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are good students, choose electronic billing, work in certain occupations, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $306 per year on the cost of insuring a Kia Stinger.
- Credit score can influence Stinger car insurance rates. In states that give the green light for a policyholder’s credit data to be used for pricing purposes, having a high credit rating of over 800 could save a minimum of $282 per year versus a slightly lower credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a weak credit rating could cost as much as $327 more per year.
- Older drivers pay less than younger drivers. The difference in insurance cost for a Kia Stinger between a 50-year-old driver ($1,636 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($1,902 per year) is $266, or a savings of 14%.
What is the cheapest Kia Stinger insurance?
The Kia Stinger model with the cheapest insurance rates is the base GT-Line trim (MSRP of $36,290) costing $1,720 per year, or about $143 per month. The $51,490 GT2 trim is the most expensive to insure, costing an average of $156 more per year.
The next table shows average 2022 Kia Stinger car insurance rates for annual and semi-annual policy terms, plus a monthly budget amount, for each vehicle trim.
|Kia Stinger Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
How does insurance on a Kia Stinger compare?
When compared directly to the top-selling vehicles in the midsize car segment, insurance for a Kia Stinger costs $296 more per year than the Toyota Camry, $210 more than the Honda Accord, $92 more than the Nissan Altima, and $196 more than the Tesla Model 3.
The Kia Stinger ranks #13 out of 13 comparison vehicles in the midsize car category for auto insurance affordability. The Stinger costs an average of $1,798 per year to insure for full coverage and the class median cost is $1,589 per year, a difference of $209 per year.
The chart below shows how Kia Stinger insurance rates compare to the most popular midsize models like the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and the Nissan Altima.
|9||Tesla Model 3||$1,602||-$196|
Kia Stinger prior model year insurance rates
The following sections detail Kia Stinger insurance rates for every trim level for the 2018 to 2021 model years.
How much is insurance on a 2021 Kia Stinger?
Average insurance rates for a 2021 Kia Stinger are $1,720 per year, or around $143 per month. Rates range from $1,556 per year for the Stinger Hatchback to $1,846 for the Stinger GT2 AWD Hatchback.
|2021 Kia Stinger Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|GT AWD Hatchback||$1,722||$144|
|Premium AWD Hatchback||$1,722||$144|
|GT1 AWD Hatchback||$1,768||$147|
|GT2 AWD Hatchback||$1,846||$154|
How much does 2020 Kia Stinger insurance Cost?
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Kia Stinger are $1,686 per year, or around $141 per month. Rates range from $1,528 per year for the Stinger Hatchback to $1,810 for the Stinger GT2 AWD Hatchback.
|2020 Kia Stinger Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|GT AWD Hatchback||$1,688||$141|
|Premium AWD Hatchback||$1,688||$141|
|GT1 AWD Hatchback||$1,734||$145|
|GT2 AWD Hatchback||$1,810||$151|
How much does 2019 Stinger insurance cost?
Insurance rates for a 2019 Kia Stinger average $1,660 per year, or about $138 per month. Rates range from $1,506 per year for the Stinger Hatchback to $1,782 for the Stinger GT2 AWD Hatchback.
|2019 Kia Stinger Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|GT AWD Hatchback||$1,666||$139|
|Premium AWD Hatchback||$1,666||$139|
|GT1 AWD Hatchback||$1,708||$142|
|GT2 AWD Hatchback||$1,782||$149|
Is a 2018 Kia Stinger expensive to insure?
2018 Kia Stinger insurance rates average $1,602 per year, or around $134 per month. Cost ranges from $1,468 per year for the Stinger Hatchback to $1,734 for the Stinger GT2 AWD Hatchback.
|2018 Kia Stinger Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|Premium AWD Hatchback||$1,580||$132|
|GT AWD Hatchback||$1,624||$135|
|GT1 AWD Hatchback||$1,664||$139|
|GT2 AWD Hatchback||$1,734||$145|