- Volkswagen Arteon car insurance averages $1,660 per year or around $138 per month, depending on the trim level.
- Drivers can find the cheapest car insurance rates on the Arteon SE trim level at $1,608 per year.
- The VW Arteon SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion has the highest rates at $1,702 per year.
- When compared to the entire midsize car segment, the Arteon tends to be on the more expensive side, ranking #10 out of 13 total comparison vehicles.
How much does Volkswagen Arteon insurance cost?
Drivers should budget an average of $1,660 a year to insure a Volkswagen Arteon for full coverage. When broken down by coverage, collision coverage is approximately $746 a year, comprehensive is about $404, and the remaining liability and medical payments insurance will cost approximately $510.
The chart below illustrates how average VW Arteon insurance rates change with differences in driver age and different policy deductibles. The yearly policy cost vary from the cheapest rate of $1,252 per year for a 60-year-old driver with high policy deductibles to the highest rate of $3,838 annually for a driver age 20 with low physical damage deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
Which Arteon trim has the cheapest car insurance?
The cheapest Volkswagen Arteon insurance can be found on the base SE trim (MSRP of $36,995) costing $1,608 per year and the SEL R-Line trim (MSRP of $41,595) costing an average of $1,654.
The $46,995 SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion trim is the most expensive to insure, costing an average of $94 more per year than the cheapest SE model.
The table below details the average yearly and 6-month auto insurance costs, plus a monthly budget estimate, for each 2022 Volkswagen Arteon package and trim level.
|Volkswagen Arteon Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|SEL R-Line 4Motion||$1,668||$834||$139|
|SEL Premium R-Line 4Motion||$1,702||$851||$142|
Is VW Arteon car insurance expensive?
The Volkswagen Arteon ranks #10 out of 13 comparison vehicles in the midsize car class. The Arteon costs an estimated $1,660 per year to insure for full coverage and the segment average cost is $1,589 per year, making the Arteon $71 more expensive to insure per year than the average midsize car.
When insurance rates are compared to the top-selling vehicles in the midsize car segment, the Arteon costs $158 more per year than the Toyota Camry, $72 more than the Honda Accord, $46 less than the Nissan Altima, and $58 more than the Tesla Model 3.
The table below shows how well VW Arteon car insurance rates compare to the rest of the midsize sedan vehicle segment.
|9||Tesla Model 3||$1,602||-$58|
Will a used Arteon cost less to insure?
Choosing to insure a 2019 Volkswagen Arteon instead of the newest 2022 model could save an average of $76 on a yearly basis. The savings when insuring a used model is dependent on the policy limits and deductibles, so it could be significantly more.
The table below shows estimated VW Arteon insurance policy premiums for different driver age groups for the 2019 through 2022 model years. Insurance cost ranges from the cheapest rate of $1,418 for a 60-year-old driver rated on a 2019 Arteon to the most expensive rate of $3,300 for a 20-year-old driver rated on a 2022 Volkswagen Arteon.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2022 Volkswagen Arteon||$3,300||$1,660||$1,482|
|2021 Volkswagen Arteon||$3,264||$1,638||$1,466|
|2020 Volkswagen Arteon||$3,204||$1,606||$1,438|
|2019 Volkswagen Arteon||$3,164||$1,584||$1,418|
Does location impact VW Arteon insurance rates?
Depending on the city you live in, insurance cost for a VW Arteon can be significantly different. Rates range from cheaper amounts like $1,186 a year in Charlotte, NC, or $1,248 in Columbus, OH, to higher rates like $2,750 a year in Los Angeles, CA and $2,762 in Philadelphia, PA.
The insurance cost for a Volkswagen Arteon in some other cities include Omaha, NE, at $1,538 per year, Memphis, TN, at $2,046, Colorado Springs, CO, costing $2,000, and San Jose, CA, averaging $1,958.
The chart data below details average Volkswagen Arteon insurance premiums in the largest cities in America. For this chart, rates range from $1,248 per year in Columbus, OH, to $3,132 in New York, NY, a difference of $1,884.
|City/State||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|New York, NY||$3,132||$261|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,750||$229|
|San Francisco, CA||$2,364||$197|
|San Jose, CA||$1,958||$163|
|San Diego, CA||$1,864||$155|
|San Antonio, TX||$1,586||$132|
A few additional observations concerning the cost of insurance for an Arteon include:
- Bring up your credit score and save. If you have a high credit score of 800+, you could get savings of up to $261 per year compared to a decent credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a lesser credit rating could cost up to $302 more per year.
- Older drivers tend to pay less than younger drivers. The difference in Arteon insurance cost between a 60-year-old driver ($1,482 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($1,750 per year) is $268, or a savings of 15.3%.
- Policyholder gender affects insurance cost. For a 2022 Volkswagen Arteon, a 20-year-old male driver pays an average price of $3,300 per year, while a 20-year-old woman will pay an average of $2,446, a difference of $854 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, male driver rates are $1,510 and female rates are $1,480, a difference of only $30.
- Arteon insurance is expensive for high-risk drivers. For a 20-year-old driver, having too many driving record violations or accidents could raise rates by $2,564 or more per year.
- Get cheaper rates because of your employment. The large majority of car insurance providers offer policy discounts for certain professions like nurses, lawyers, high school and elementary teachers, college professors, police officers and law enforcement, and other occupations. If you’re employed in a qualifying profession, you may save between $50 and $159 on your annual Arteon insurance cost, subject to the policy coverages selected.