- BMW Z4 insurance costs $1,628 per year on average, or around $136 per month for full coverage.
- The Z4 sDrive Convertible trim level is the cheapest to insure at around $1,550 per year. The most expensive trim is the M40i Convertible at $1,708 per year.
- When compared to the entire sports car segment, the Z4 ranks near the top of the pack at #3 out of 23 total comparison vehicles.
How much does BMW Z4 insurance cost?
BMW Z4 car insurance costs an average of $1,628 per year for a full coverage policy, which is the equivalent of $136 a month. Liability and medical payments insurance will cost approximately $432 a year, collision insurance will cost about $758, and the remaining comprehensive coverage is around $438.
The following chart illustrates how average BMW Z4 car insurance rates vary based on the age of the driver and physical damage deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
To help you grasp how much insurance on a BMW Z4 can vary, consider that a liability-only policy for a BMW Z4 in the most affordable parts of Vermont or Ohio may be as low as $231 a year. A newly-licensed teenage driver with a few speeding tickets in the most expensive zip codes in America may have to pay as much as $14,654 a year for a policy with full coverage.
Some additional insights into insurance rates and possible policy discounts include:
- As you age, car insurance rates tend to get cheaper. The difference in 2022 BMW Z4 insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($1,482 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($1,728 per year) is $246, or a savings of 14.2%.
- Gender and age are two big factors. For a 2022 BMW Z4, a 20-year-old man will pay an average rate of $3,218 per year, while a 20-year-old woman pays an estimated $2,388, a difference of $830 per year. Women get significantly cheaper rates. But by age 50, male rates are $1,482 and the rate for females is $1,454, a difference of only $28.
- Improve your credit rating to save on insurance. In states that have laws that do not prevent credit score data to be used for the purpose of coming up with an insurance rate, having a high credit rating of over 800 could find savings as much as $256 per year compared to a good credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a subpar credit score could cost as much as $296 more per year.
- Violations and tickets cost more than a fine. If you want the most affordable price on Z4 insurance rates, it’s necessary to not be an aggressive driver. In fact, just a couple minor incidents on your driving report could increase insurance cost by as much as $418 per year.
- Higher physical damage deductibles lower policy cost. Raising your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $270 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $528 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles may be wasting money. Dropping your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $284 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $556 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Lots of policy discounts equals cheaper Z4 insurance. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers are accident-free, take a defensive driving course, are military or federal employees, sign their policy early, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $274 per year on BMW Z4 insurance.
- Get cheaper rates because of your employment. Some auto insurance providers offer policy discounts for working in professions like the military, doctors, emergency medical technicians, engineers, lawyers, and other occupations. Getting this discount applied to your policy could save between $49 and $158 on your annual Z4 insurance cost, depending on the policy coverages selected.
Is BMW Z4 insurance expensive?
The cheapest model of BMW Z4 to insure is the $49,900 sDrive Convertible at an estimated $1,550 per year. The average all-vehicle insurance rate is $1,551, so insurance for the cheapest Z4 is $1 more expensive per year than the average vehicle.
The $63,700 M40i Convertible trim is the most expensive to insure, costing an average of $158 more per year.
The next table details the estimated annual and 6-month policy costs, plus a monthly amount for budgeting, for each BMW Z4 package and trim level.
|BMW Z4 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
Is a BMW Z4 cheap to insure compared to similar cars?
The BMW Z4 ranks #3 out of 23 total vehicles in the sports car category. The Z4 costs an estimated $1,628 per year for full coverage insurance and the segment median rate is $2,135 annually, a difference of $507 per year.
When BMW Z4 car insurance rates are compared to the best-selling models in the sports car category, the Z4 costs $32 more per year than the Ford Mustang, $280 less than the Chevy Corvette, $416 less than the Porsche 718, and $774 less than the Porsche 911.
The chart below shows how well the Z4 fares against the top 10 selling sports cars in the U.S. A more comprehensive data table is included after the chart that shows insurance cost rankings for the entire 23 vehicle sports car segment.
|1||Mazda MX-5 Miata||$1,312||-$316|
|6||Toyota GR Supra||$1,804||$176|
|13||Lexus RC F||$2,138||$510|
|15||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT53||$2,186||$558|
|20||Lexus LC 500||$2,494||$866|
Do new Z4 models cost more to insure?
A new 2022 BMW Z4 will cost around $458 more to insure per year than a 2015 model, and $548 more than a 2013 model.
New Z4 models have much higher replacement cost value than even a model that is a year or two old, and insurance cost goes down as each year goes by. Depreciation eventually devalues any vehicle to the point where a full coverage policy may not make sense.
The following table details estimated insurance rates for a BMW Z4 for various driver age groups and BMW Z4 model years. Average insurance cost ranges from the most affordable price of $968 for a 60-year-old driver rated on a 2013 BMW Z4 to a high of $3,218 for a 20-year-old with a 2022 model year.
|Model Year||Driver Age 20||Age 30||Age 40||Age 50||Age 60|