- Porsche Taycan insurance costs an average of $2,346 per year, or around $196 per month for full coverage.
- The Taycan ranks #17 out of 23 vehicles in the 2022 sports car class for car insurance affordability.
How much does Porsche Taycan insurance cost?
Porsche Taycan insurance averages around $2,346 yearly, or $196 a month. Expect to pay about $211 more per year to insure a Porsche Taycan when compared to the average rate for all sports cars, and $795 more per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,551.
The cost summary chart below illustrates average insurance cost per year for a 2022 Porsche Taycan using different deductibles and driver age groups.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$5,324||$444|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$4,666||$389|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$3,270||$273|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$3,194||$266|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,512||$209|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,346||$196|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$2,132||$178|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$2,096||$175|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,950||$163|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,914||$160|
Is Porsche Taycan insurance expensive?
When compared to other popular sports cars, insurance on a Porsche Taycan averages $750 more per year than the Ford Mustang, $194 more than the Dodge Challenger, and $250 more than the Chevrolet Camaro.
The Porsche Taycan ranks #17 out of 23 total vehicles in the sports car segment for most affordable car insurance prices. The Taycan costs an average of $2,346 per year for full coverage insurance, while the segment average cost is $2,135 annually, a difference of $211 per year.
The table below ranks average insurance cost for the entire 2022 sports car segment, with the Taycan highlighted and ranked at #17.
|1||Mazda MX-5 Miata||$1,312||-$1,034|
|6||Toyota GR Supra||$1,804||-$542|
|13||Lexus RC F||$2,138||-$208|
|15||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT53||$2,186||-$160|
|20||Lexus LC 500||$2,494||$148|
What is the cheapest Porsche Taycan insurance?
The cheapest Taycan to insure is the base Sedan at an average cost of $2,000 per year, or about $167 per month. The next cheapest model is the 4 Cross Turismo at $2,124 per year, and the third cheapest model to insure is the 4S at $2,212 per year.
The most expensive car insurance rates are on the Turbo Cross Turismo, the Turbo S, and the Turbo S Cross Turismo trim levels at an estimated $2,476, $2,572, and $2,580 per year, respectively.
Average car insurance rates are shown in the table below for each 2022 Porsche Taycan trim level.
|Porsche Taycan Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|4 Cross Turismo||$2,124||$1,062||$177|
|4S Cross Turismo||$2,260||$1,130||$188|
|GTS Sport Turismo||$2,396||$1,198||$200|
|Turbo Cross Turismo||$2,476||$1,238||$206|
|Turbo S Cross Turismo||$2,580||$1,290||$215|
Additional rates and insights
Some other relevant data insights about Porsche Taycan insurance cost include:
- High-risk Taycan insurance is expensive. For a 20-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk policy due to excessive accidents and/or violations can increase the cost by $3,580 or more per year.
- Clean up your credit to lower your rates. Having a high credit score of 800+ could save as much as $368 per year compared to a slightly lower credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a lower credit score could cost around $427 more per year.
- As you age, insurance rates get cheaper. The difference in insurance rates for a Taycan between a 60-year-old driver ($2,096 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($4,666 per year) is $2,570, or a savings of 55.1%.
- Earn discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers belong to certain professional organizations, are accident-free, drive low annual mileage, sign their policy early, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $396 per yearon the cost of insuring a Taycan.
- Young male drivers pay the highest rates. For a 2022 Porsche Taycan, a 20-year-old male will pay an average rate of $4,666 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays an estimated $3,436, a difference of $1,230 per year. Women get significantly cheaper rates. But by age 50, rates for male drivers are $2,132 and the rate for women is $2,090, a difference of only $42.