- Car insurance rates for a Mercedes AMG GT63 average $3,108 per year or around $259 per month, but vary considerably based on driver age.
- As one of the more expensive 2021 sports cars to insure, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 costs $751 more per year on average to insure when compared to the rest of the segment.
- Insurance for an AMG GT63 costs 27.5% more than the average rate for other sports cars.
How much does AMG GT63 car insurance cost?
Ranked 20th out of 24 vehicles in the 2021 sports car segment, Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 insurance costs an average of $3,108 a year, or $259 monthly.
With the average sports car costing $2,357 a year to insure, the Mercedes AMG GT63 could cost an estimated $751 more to insure each year compared to the segment average.
The chart below shows how full coverage Mercedes AMG GT63 auto insurance cost changes with different ages of driver and comprehensive and collision deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
The table below shows average Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 car insurance premiums for the 2019 to 2021 model years and for different driver age groups. Rates are considered “full coverage”, which means comprehensive and collision coverage is included in the prices.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63||$6,178||$3,108||$2,766|
|2020 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63||$6,078||$3,052||$2,720|
|2019 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63||$5,794||$2,910||$2,594|
There are many factors that contribute to the bottom line price of a car insurance policy. So many in fact, that it would be impossible to list them all. The items below include some notable additional rates and situations that may arise when buying insurance.
- Raise your credit score for cheaper insurance rates. Having a good credit rating over 800 could save a minimum of $488 per year compared to a rating of 670-739. Conversely, a weak credit score could cost up to $566 more per year.
- Get better rates due to your choice of occupation. Many auto insurance companies offer discounts for occupations like high school and elementary teachers, nurses, emergency medical technicians, doctors, engineers, accountants, and others. If you can earn this discount, you could save between $93 and $170 on your insurance premium, depending on your age.
- Avoid accidents and save. Too many at-fault accidents can cost more, possibly by an additional $4,294 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $1,224 per year for a 40-year-old driver.
- As you age, car insurance rates tend to get cheaper. The difference in 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($2,818 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($6,178 per year) is $3,360, or a savings of 74.7%.
- Obey the law to get lower insurance rates. In order to have the cheapest AMG GT63 insurance rates, it’s necessary to drive conservatively. In fact, just a couple driving offenses have the potential to increase insurance rates by as much as $798 per year. Being convicted of a serious infraction like a DWI could raise rates by an additional $2,818 or more.
- Rated driver gender affects the rate you pay. For a 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63, a 20-year-old male driver pays an estimated $6,178 per year, while a 20-year-old woman will pay $4,550, a difference of $1,628 per year. The females get much better rates. But by age 50, the cost for male drivers is $2,818 and the cost for female drivers is $2,758, a difference of only $60.
- Lots of discounts equals cheaper AMG GT63 insurance. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are claim-free, work in certain occupations, drive a vehicle with safety or anti-theft features, drive low annual mileage, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $532 per year on their insurance cost.
How do Mercedes AMG GT63 insurance rates rank?
The Mercedes AMG GT63 ranks 20th out of 24 total vehicles in the 2021 sports car segment for most affordable car insurance rates. The AMG GT63 costs $3,108 per year on average for full coverage car insurance, while the segment average insurance cost is $2,357 annually, a difference of $751 per year.
When compared to other performance sports car models, car insurance rates for an AMG GT63 cost $1,322 more than the BMW Z4, $1,350 more than the Ford Mustang, $370 more than the Porsche 911, and $1,052 more than the Chevrolet Corvette.
The table below shows how 2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63 insurance rates compare to the rest of the performance sports car market.
|1||Mazda MX-5 Miata||$1,438||-$1,670|
|12||Lexus RC F||$2,172||-$936|
|15||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT53||$2,346||-$762|
|17||Lexus LC 500||$2,658||-$450|
|20||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT63||$3,108||--|