- Honda Insight insurance costs around $1,410 per year, $705 for a 6-month policy, or $118 per month.
- With an insurance cost range of $92, the cheapest Honda Insight insurance is on the EX at around $1,364 per year, and the most expensive trim being the Touring at $1,456 annually.
- The Honda Insight is one of the cheaper midsize cars to insure, costing $149 less per year on average as compared to the rest of the vehicles in the segment.
How much does Honda Insight car insurance cost?
Average Honda Insight car insurance rates cost $1,410 annually for full coverage, which is about $118 each month. From the perspective of individual coverages, comprehensive is an estimated $338 a year, collision coverage will cost about $570, and the remaining liability/medical is about $502.
The chart below shows car insurance rates for a 2022 Honda Insight change based on the age of the rated driver and comprehensive and collision deductibles. The prices shown are for an annual policy, and range from as low as $1,080 per year for a 60-year-old driver with high physical damage deductibles to a high policy cost of $3,216 annually for a 20-year-old driver with low deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
Additional rates and policy price factors include:
- Gender and age affect the rate you pay. For a 2022 Honda Insight, a 20-year-old male driver will pay an estimated rate of $2,794 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays an average of $2,082, a difference of $712 per year. Women get significantly cheaper rates. But by age 50, the rate for males is $1,284 and the cost for female drivers is $1,260, a difference of only $24.
- As you age, auto insurance tends to get cheaper. The difference in insurance rates for a 2022 Honda Insight between a 40-year-old driver ($1,410 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($2,794 per year) is $1,384, or a savings of 49.5%.
- Your employer could lower your rates. Most auto insurance companies offer policy discounts for having a job in professions like firefighters, architects, accountants, nurses, scientists, high school and elementary teachers, and other occupations. By qualifying for this discount, you may save between $42 and $148 on your car insurance premium.
- Be a careful driver and pay less. Too many at-fault accidents will increase rates, to the tune of $1,966 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even as much as $456 per year for a 50-year-old driver.
- A good driving record means cheaper insurance rates. To get the best price on Insight insurance rates, it’s necessary to obey traffic laws. Just a few speeding tickets could possibly raise policy cost by up to $370 per year. Serious infractions such as DUI and hit-and-run could raise rates by an additional $1,292 or more.
Which Insight model has the cheapest insurance?
The cheapest Honda Insight to insure is the $25,210 base EX trim costing an average of $1,364 per year, or about $114 per month.
The most expensive model to insure is the $29,240 Touring model, costing an average of $92 more per year than the cheapest EX model.
The next table displays average car insurance policy costs for annual and semi-annual policy terms, in addition to a monthly budget estimate, for each Honda Insight trim level available for the 2022 model year.
|Honda Insight Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
Is Insight insurance cheaper than other midsize cars?
When Honda Insight car insurance rates are compared to popular vehicles in the midsize car segment, insurance for an Insight costs $136 less per year than the Toyota Camry, $76 less than the Honda Accord, $184 less than the Nissan Altima, and $236 less than the Tesla Model 3.
The Honda Insight ranks #3 out of 13 total comparison vehicles in the midsize car category. The Insight costs an average of $1,410 per year to insure for full coverage and the class median rate is $1,559 per year, a difference of $149 per year.
The table below shows how well average Insight insurance rates compare to the entire midsize car class (excluding luxury midsize cars).
|10||Tesla Model 3||$1,646||$236|
How much is insurance for a used Honda Insight?
Driving a used Honda Insight could save $350 per year or more on insurance cost. That’s the difference between a 2022 model and a 2013 model. The savings is even more if your policy is liability insurance only.
The data below details typical full coverage insurance policy costs for a Honda Insight for the 2013 through 2022 model years. Insurance rates range from a low of $1,060 for a 2013 Honda Insight to the highest rate of $1,410 for a 2022 Insight.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2022 Honda Insight||$1,410||$705||$118|
|2021 Honda Insight||$1,350||$675||$113|
|2020 Honda Insight||$1,326||$663||$111|
|2019 Honda Insight||$1,192||$596||$99|
|2014 Honda Insight||$1,090||$545||$91|
|2013 Honda Insight||$1,060||$530||$88|