- BMW M850i insurance costs an average of $2,832 per year, $1,416 for a 6-month policy, or around $236 per month.
- As one of the more expensive large luxury cars to insure, the BMW M850i costs $108 more per year on average to insure when compared to the rest of the segment.
- BMW M850i car insurance cost ranges from $2,788 to $2,916 annually on average, depending on trim level.
How much does BMW M850i insurance cost?
The average policyholder can plan on paying $2,832 a year for full coverage to insure a BMW M850i. When separated into individual coverages, comprehensive coverage will cost approximately $764 a year, liability and medical (or PIP) coverage will cost around $568, and the remaining collision coverage will cost an estimated $1,500.
The price summary chart below shows average auto insurance cost for a 2023 BMW M850i using different driver ages and policy limits.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$6,434||$536|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$5,638||$470|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$3,952||$329|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$3,834||$320|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$3,022||$252|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,832||$236|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$2,570||$214|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$2,526||$211|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$2,350||$196|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$2,318||$193|
The next table details average insurance rate data for a BMW M850i for the 2019 to 2023 model years.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2023 BMW M850i||$2,832||$1,416||$236|
|2022 BMW M850i||$2,718||$1,359||$227|
|2021 BMW M850i||$2,570||$1,285||$214|
|2020 BMW M850i||$2,528||$1,264||$211|
|2019 BMW M850i||$2,362||$1,181||$197|
The table below shows the average yearly and 6-month policy costs, in addition to a monthly amount for budgeting, for each BMW M850i package and trim level.
|BMW M850i Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|xDrive Gran Coupe||$2,790||$1,395||$233|
Additional rates and discounts
Additional important insights about BMW M850i insurance cost include:
- Your choice of occupation could earn you discounts. Some car insurance providers offer discounts for being employed in professions like architects, firefighters, scientists, police officers and law enforcement, doctors, dentists, and others. Obtaining this discount could potentially save between $85 and $178 on your yearly car insurance bill, depending on your policy.
- Rates tend to decrease as driver age increases. The difference in BMW M850i insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($2,526 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($5,638 per year) is $3,112, or a savings of 76.2%.
- Good credit equals better rates. Having an excellent credit score over 800 may save $445 per year versus a credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a weaker credit score could cost as much as $515 more per year.
- The cost to insure teen drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage M850i insurance costs $9,694 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $9,194 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $8,642 per year for an 18-year-old driver, and $7,912 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- High-risk drivers pay extremely high rates. For a 20-year-old driver, the requirement to buy a high-risk policy could trigger a rate increase of $4,342 or more per year.
- Avoid driving violations to reduce insurance cost. In order to have the cheapest possible M850i insurance rates, it makes good sense to be a safe driver. A couple of traffic citations could result in spiking rates by at least $734 per year. Being convicted of a serious infraction like DUI and hit-and-run could raise rates by an additional $2,582 or more.
How does BMW M850i insurance compare?
When compared side-by-side to some other models in the 2023 large luxury car category, insurance prices for a BMW M850i cost $852 more per year than the Audi A5, $36 more than the BMW 740i, and $114 less than the Porsche Panamera.
The BMW M850i ranks 16th out of 26 total comparison vehicles in the large luxury car segment for auto insurance affordability. The M850i costs an estimated $2,832 per year to insure for full coverage and the class average is $2,724 annually, a difference of $108 per year.
The chart displayed below shows how insurance cost for a BMW M850i compares to the top 10 most popular large luxury cars like the Infiniti Q60, Audi A8, and the Genesis G90. A table is included after the chart that shows car insurance cost rankings for the entire 26 vehicle full-size luxury sedan segment for the 2023 model year.
|3||Lexus LS 500||$2,304||-$528|
|4||Mercedes-Benz AMG E53||$2,318||-$514|
|7||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT43||$2,368||-$464|
|8||Lexus LS 500h||$2,446||-$386|
|10||Mercedes-Benz EQS 450||$2,570||-$262|
|13||Audi RS 7||$2,654||-$178|
|14||Mercedes-Benz EQS 580||$2,666||-$166|
|17||Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS||$2,852||$20|
|23||BMW Alpina B8||$3,234||$402|
|25||Mercedes-Benz Maybach S580||$3,436||$604|
|26||Mercedes-Benz Maybach S680||$3,666||$834|