- Car insurance on a Mercedes-Benz S580 costs around $2,518 per year, $1,259 for a 6-month policy, or around $210 per month.
- Out of 25 vehicles in the 2022 large luxury car segment, the S580 ranks #16 for car insurance affordability.
- With the cheapest insurance rates, the S580 4Matic Luxury Line model costs an average of $2,452 per year to insure.
- At the high end, the S580 4Matic Executive Line is the most expensive to insure at $2,604 for an annual policy.
How much does Mercedes-Benz S580 insurance cost?
Ranked #16 out of 25 vehicles in the large luxury car class, Mercedes-Benz S580 insurance rates average $2,518 a year for full coverage, or about $210 if paid each month.
Average monthly insurance cost for the S580 ranges from $204 to $217, depending on the trim level being insured. The cheapest 4Matic Luxury Line trim (MSRP of $116,300) is the cheapest model to insure, while the more expensive 4Matic Executive Line model (MSRP of $131,450) has the highest cost car insurance.
The rate chart below shows how the age of the driver and the policy deductibles impact the cost of Mercedes S580 car insurance rates. Average rates in the example range from $1,846 per year for a 60-year-old with $1,000 deductibles up to $5,972 each year for a low-deductible policy and a 20-year-old driver.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
In addition to driver age and policy deductibles, another factor that can affect the cost of car insurance is the trim level of the vehicle being insured. The table below shows average rates for the different packages available for the 2022 model year S580.
|Mercedes-Benz S580 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|4Matic Luxury Line||$2,452||$1,226||$204|
|4Matic AMG Line||$2,500||$1,250||$208|
|4Matic Executive Line||$2,604||$1,302||$217|
Additional factors that can impact price are things like your driving record, your gender, and even possibly your credit rating. The list below discusses these plus goes into more detail regarding the impact of driver age.
- A good driving record pays dividends. To pay the most affordable S580 insurance rates, it pays to follow traffic laws. Not surprisingly, just one or two minor infractions on your driving record could increase insurance rates by as much as $656 per year.
- High-risk car insurance can get expensive. For a 50-year-old driver, having too many driving record violations or accidents could increase the cost by $2,938 or more per year.
- Insuring teen drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage S580 insurance costs $8,662 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $8,212 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $7,716 per year for a 18-year-old driver, and $7,062 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- Lower policy cost by raising deductibles. Increasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $454 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $896 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Lowering deductibles results in a more expensive policy. Decreasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $474 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $946 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers work in certain occupations, sign their policy early, drive low annual mileage, are homeowners, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $428 per year on their insurance cost.
- Better credit scores yield better car insurance rates. Having a credit score over 800 could save $395 per year versus a lower credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a credit score below 579 could cost as much as $458 more per year.
- Young males pay a lot more for insurance. For a 2022 Mercedes-Benz S580, a 20-year-old male driver pays an estimated $5,026 per year, while a 20-year-old woman will get a rate of $3,698, a difference of $1,328 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, male driver rates are $2,286 and female driver rates are $2,242, a difference of only $44.
Mercedes-Benz S580 insurance cost compared
When compared to the other large luxury cars, car insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz S580 cost $728 more per year than the Audi A5, $430 more than the Genesis G90, and $138 less than the Porsche Panamera.
The S580 ranks #16 out of 25 total comparison vehicles in the large luxury car class for most affordable insurance cost. The S580 costs an average of $2,518 per year to insure for full coverage, while the class average policy cost is $2,410 per year, a difference of $108 per year.
The chart below compares S580 insurance cost to the 10 most popular large luxury sedans in the U.S. Following the chart is a table that ranks average insurance rates for all 25 models in the 2022 full-size luxury sedan segment.
|3||Lexus LS 500||$2,048||-$470|
|4||Mercedes-Benz AMG E53||$2,082||-$436|
|6||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT43||$2,130||-$388|
|7||Lexus LS 500h||$2,192||-$326|
|10||Mercedes-Benz EQS 450||$2,298||-$220|
|13||Audi RS 7||$2,340||-$178|
|14||Mercedes-Benz EQS 580||$2,356||-$162|
|23||BMW Alpina B8||$2,906||$388|
|25||Mercedes-Benz Maybach S580||$3,154||$636|