- Car insurance rates for a 2023 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 average $2,570 per year or around $214 per month, but can vary significantly based on the trim level.
- Out of 26 models in the large luxury car segment, the EQS 450 ranks 10th for insurance cost.
- The EQS 450 Plus Premium Sedan model is the cheapest to insure at around $2,518 per year. The most expensive trim is the Plus Pinnacle SUV at $2,612 per year.
How much does Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 insurance cost?
An average driver will pay an estimated $2,570 yearly to insure a Mercedes-Benz EQS 450. With MSRPs ranging from $102,310 to $110,190 for the 2023 model, monthly insurance rates range from $210 to $218.
The following chart details average annual car insurance cost on a 2023 EQS 450 using a range of driver ages and risk profiles. Drivers requiring high-risk insurance will pay very high rates, whereas the best rates are reserved for more mature drivers with good driving records and claims history.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$5,850||$488|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$5,124||$427|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$3,598||$300|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$3,458||$288|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,736||$228|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,570||$214|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$2,336||$195|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$2,294||$191|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$2,134||$178|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$2,116||$176|
The table below displays the estimated yearly and 6-month policy costs, including a monthly insurance rate, for each the Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 models available for 2023.
|Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|Plus Premium Sedan||$2,518||$1,259||$210|
|Plus Premium SUV||$2,544||$1,272||$212|
|Plus Exclusive Sedan||$2,560||$1,280||$213|
|Plus Exclusive SUV||$2,582||$1,291||$215|
|Plus Pinnacle Sedan||$2,592||$1,296||$216|
|Plus Pinnacle SUV||$2,612||$1,306||$218|
In addition to the different driver risk profiles shown in the chart above, there are many other factors that can either positively or negatively impact the rate you pay for car insurance. The list below goes into detail for some of those factors, and also notes a few tips that can help you save money.
- Teenagers are the most expensive age group to insure. Average rates for full coverage EQS 450 insurance costs $8,898 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $8,418 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $7,900 per year for a 18-year-old driver, and $7,216 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- Get cheaper rates because of your choice of occupation. Many insurance companies offer discounts for working in professions like high school and elementary teachers, architects, police officers and law enforcement, college professors, dentists, and others. Having this discount applied to your policy could save between $77 and $178 on your yearly insurance cost, depending on the age of the driver.
- Excellent credit equals excellent rates. Drivers who maintain a credit score over 800 may save up to $403 per year over a lower credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, poor credit could cost around $468 more per year.
- Lower the cost of your policy by increasing deductibles. Increasing deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $454 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $892 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Decreasing your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $474 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $944 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Qualify for discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the policyholders drive low annual mileage, are homeowners, take a defensive driving course, are loyal customers, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $436 per year.
- Car insurance for high-risk drivers is expensive. For a 20-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk policy due to excessive accidents and/or violations could raise rates by $3,964 or more per year.
- Fewer accidents means cheaper EQS 450 insurance rates. Having a few at-fault accidents can really raise rates, potentially by an extra $3,586 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even $754 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
Is Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 insurance expensive?
When compared to other large luxury cars, insurance for a Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 costs $590 more per year than the Audi A5, $226 less than the BMW 740i, and $376 less than the Porsche Panamera.
The EQS 450 ranks 10th out of 26 total vehicles in the 2023 large luxury car category for insurance affordability. The EQS 450 averages $2,570 per year for full coverage car insurance, while the segment average is $2,724, a difference of $154 per year.
The following table shows how average Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 car insurance rates rank when compared to the rest of the luxury car segment.
|3||Lexus LS 500||$2,304||-$266|
|4||Mercedes-Benz AMG E53||$2,318||-$252|
|7||Mercedes-Benz AMG GT43||$2,368||-$202|
|8||Lexus LS 500h||$2,446||-$124|
|10||Mercedes-Benz EQS 450||$2,570||--|
|13||Audi RS 7||$2,654||$84|
|14||Mercedes-Benz EQS 580||$2,666||$96|
|17||Mercedes-Benz AMG EQS||$2,852||$282|
|23||BMW Alpina B8||$3,234||$664|
|25||Mercedes-Benz Maybach S580||$3,436||$866|
|26||Mercedes-Benz Maybach S680||$3,666||$1,096|