- BMW 330i insurance costs an average of $1,598 per year or around $133 per month, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest BMW 330i insurance is the base Sedan trim level at an average of $1,582 per year, while the xDrive Sedan is the most expensive to insure at an average cost of $1,616 per year.
- The BMW 330i is one of the cheaper small luxury cars to insure, costing $119 less per year on average as compared to other small luxury cars
How much does BMW 330i insurance cost?
Ranked #2 out of 19 vehicles in the 2022 small luxury car class, BMW 330i insurance costs an average of $1,598 annually for full coverage, or about $133 per month.
The average small luxury car costs $1,717 per year to insure, so the BMW 330i would save around $119 each year when compared to the average insurance cost for the entire segment.
Depending on the trim level being insured, average monthly payments for full-coverage insurance on a 2022 BMW 330i range from $132 to $135. These rates can vary significantly based on your age, driving record, and where you live.
The chart below helps illustrate how much average car insurance cost can vary on a 2022 BMW 330i.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,612||$301|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,168||$264|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,242||$187|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,114||$176|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,696||$141|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,598||$133|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,456||$121|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,430||$119|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,334||$111|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,330||$111|
What is the cheapest BMW 330i insurance?
The cheapest BMW 330i insurance is on the base Sedan at $1,582 per year, or about $132 per month. The most expensive model to insure is the xDrive Sedan, costing an average of $34 more per year.
The next table shows the average auto insurance costs, plus a monthly amount for budgeting, for each trim level for the 2022 model year.
|BMW 330i Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
How does 330i insurance compare to the competition?
When compared to the most popular models in the compact luxury car segment, insurance for a BMW 330i costs $204 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz C300, $26 less than the Volvo S60, $10 less than the Acura TLX, and $154 less than the Audi A4.
The BMW 330i ranks #2 out of 19 total vehicles in the small luxury car segment. The 330i costs an average of $1,598 per year to insure for full coverage and the class median rate is $1,717 annually, a difference of $119 per year.
The chart below shows how well average BMW 330i insurance cost compares to the most popular small luxury cars in America. An additional rate table is included that breaks down insurance rate rankings for all 19 models in the 2022 small luxury car category.
|8||Alfa Romeo Giulia||$1,678||$80|
|10||Lexus RC 350||$1,686||$88|
|16||Audi RS 3||$1,844||$246|
|18||Lexus IS 350||$1,884||$286|
Another useful way to compare the cost of insurance is to look at models that are most similar in price to the BMW 330i, and see if insurance is more or less expensive for those models.
A 2022 BMW 330i has an average purchase price of $42,450, ranging from $41,450 to $43,450, depending on the trim level being purchased (primarily the xDrive option).
The four compact luxury car models closest in price for the 2022 model year are the BMW 330e, Lexus IS 350, Cadillac CT4, and Acura TLX. Here’s how the average MSRP and insurance cost for those models compare to a BMW 330i.
- BMW 330i vs. BMW 330e – The 2022 BMW 330e has an average retail price of $43,950, ranging from $42,950 to $44,950, which is $1,500 more expensive than the average cost of the 330i. The cost to insure a BMW 330i compared to the BMW 330e is $32 less every 12 months on average.
- BMW 330i vs. Lexus IS 350 – The 2022 Lexus IS 350 has an average MSRP of $44,050 ($43,050 to $45,050), which is $1,600 more expensive than the average MSRP for the 330i. The average insurance cost for the BMW 330i compared to the Lexus IS 350 is $286 less each year.
- BMW 330i vs. Cadillac CT4 – The average MSRP for a 2022 BMW 330i is $1,821 cheaper than the Cadillac CT4, at $42,450 compared to $44,271. The cost to insure a BMW 330i compared to the Cadillac CT4 is $84 less per year on average.
- BMW 330i vs. Acura TLX – The average MSRP for a 2022 BMW 330i is $3,039 cheaper than the Acura TLX, at $42,450 compared to $45,489. Insurance on the BMW 330i costs an average of $10 less per year than the Acura TLX.
BMW 330i full coverage insurance rates
The following table shows average full coverage car insurance rates for the 2017 through 2022 330i models for rated drivers age 20 through 60.
|Model Year||Driver Age 20||Age 30||Age 40||Age 50||Age 60|
Additional Rates and Information
Since it’s difficult to show all possible rates for every driver age, every risk profile, etc., here are some additional rates and also some policy discounts to keep an eye out for.
- Improve your credit to save money. In states that have laws that do not prevent an insured’s credit score from being used as a factor in determining insurance rates, drivers who have credit scores over 800 may save $251 per year over a credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a below average credit rating could cost around $291 more per year.
- Make your policy cheaper by raising deductibles. Raising your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $264 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $516 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles increases cost. Dropping your physical damage deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $278 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $542 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Getting older means cheaper auto insurance rates. The difference in 2022 330i insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($1,456 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,168 per year) is $1,712, or a savings of 54%.
- Policy discounts save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds are good students, are homeowners, belong to certain professional organizations, are away-from-home students, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $268 per year on BMW 330i insurance.
- Car insurance for teenagers on a BMW 330i is expensive. Average rates for full coverage BMW 330i insurance costs $5,590 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,254 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $4,920 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Don’t be a careless driver. Having at-fault accidents will cost you more, possibly as much as $2,210 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $468 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Save money due to your occupation. Most insurance companies offer discounts for earning a living in occupations like scientists, lawyers, high school and elementary teachers, college professors, members of the military, and other occupations. Having this discount applied to your policy could potentially save between $48 and $158 on your car insurance premium, depending on the coverage levels.