- BMW 330i insurance costs an average of $1,838 per year or around $153 per month, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest BMW 330i insurance is the base Sedan trim level at an average of $1,820 per year, while the xDrive Sedan is the most expensive to insure at an average cost of $1,858 per year.
- The BMW 330i is one of the cheaper small luxury cars to insure, costing $156 less per year on average as compared to other small luxury cars
How much does BMW 330i insurance cost?
Ranked second out of 19 vehicles in the 2023 small luxury car class, BMW 330i insurance costs an average of $1,838 annually for full coverage, or about $153 per month.
The average small luxury car costs $1,994 per year to insure, so the BMW 330i would save around $156 each year when compared to the average insurance cost for the entire segment.
Depending on the trim level being insured, average monthly payments for full-coverage insurance on a 2023 BMW 330i range from $152 to $155. These rates can vary significantly based on your age, driving record, and where you live.
The chart below helps illustrate how much average car insurance cost can vary on a 2023 BMW 330i.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,158||$347|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,640||$303|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,576||$215|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,430||$203|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,950||$163|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,838||$153|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,670||$139|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,642||$137|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,534||$128|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,530||$128|
What is the cheapest BMW 330i insurance?
The cheapest BMW 330i insurance is on the base Sedan at $1,820 per year, or about $152 per month. The most expensive model to insure is the xDrive Sedan, costing an average of $38 more per year.
The next table shows the average auto insurance costs, plus a monthly amount for budgeting, for each trim level for the 2023 model year.
|BMW 330i Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
How does 330i insurance compare to the competition?
When compared to the most popular models in the compact luxury car segment, insurance for a BMW 330i costs $160 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz C300, $186 less than the Volvo S60, $30 less than the Acura TLX, and $168 less than the Audi A4.
The BMW 330i ranks second out of 19 total vehicles in the small luxury car segment. The 330i costs an average of $1,838 per year to insure for full coverage and the class median rate is $1,994 annually, a difference of $156 per year.
The chart below shows how well the average BMW 330i insurance cost compares to the most popular small luxury cars in America. An additional rate table is included that breaks down insurance rate rankings for all 19 models in the 2023 small luxury car category.
|11||Lexus RC 350||$2,010||$172|
|14||Alfa Romeo Giulia||$2,044||$206|
|16||Lexus IS 350||$2,084||$246|
|17||Audi RS 3||$2,162||$324|
Another useful way to compare the cost of insurance is to look at models that are most similar in price to the BMW 330i, and see if insurance is more or less expensive for those models.
A 2023 BMW 330i has an average purchase price of $44,800, ranging from $43,800 to $45,800, depending on the trim level being purchased (primarily the xDrive option).
The four compact luxury car models closest in price for the 2023 model year are the Lexus IS 350, BMW 330e, Cadillac CT4, and BMW M235i. Here’s how the average MSRP and insurance cost for those models compare to a BMW 330i.
- BMW 330i vs. Lexus IS 350 – The 2023 Lexus IS 350 has an average retail price of $45,285, ranging from $43,660 to $46,910, which is $485 more expensive than the average cost of the 330i. The cost to insure a BMW 330i compared to the Lexus IS 350 is $246 less every 12 months on average.
- BMW 330i vs. BMW 330e – The 2023 BMW 330e has an average MSRP of $45,900 ($44,900 to $46,900), which is $1,100 more expensive than the average MSRP for the 330i. The average insurance cost for the BMW 330i compared to the BMW 330e is $122 less each year.
- BMW 330i vs. Cadillac CT4 – The average MSRP for a 2023 BMW 330i is $1,254 cheaper than the Cadillac CT4, at $44,800 compared to $46,054. The cost to insure a BMW 330i compared to the Cadillac CT4 is $52 less per year on average.
- BMW 330i vs. BMW M235i – The average MSRP for a 2023 BMW 330i is $2,800 cheaper than the BMW M235i, at $44,800 compared to $47,600. Insurance on the BMW 330i costs an average of $212 less per year than the BMW M235i.
BMW 330i full coverage insurance rates
The following table shows average full coverage car insurance rates for the 2017 through 2023 330i models for rated drivers aged 20 through 60.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 BMW 330i||$3,640||$1,838||$1,642|
|2022 BMW 330i||$3,552||$1,792||$1,600|
|2021 BMW 330i||$3,532||$1,778||$1,590|
|2020 BMW 330i||$3,484||$1,754||$1,568|
|2019 BMW 330i||$3,238||$1,628||$1,458|
|2018 BMW 330i||$3,226||$1,618||$1,448|
|2017 BMW 330i||$3,060||$1,538||$1,376|
Additional Rates and Information
Since it’s difficult to show all possible rates for every driver age, every risk profile, etc., here are some additional rates and also some policy discounts to keep an eye out for.
- Improve your credit to save money. In states that have laws that do not prevent an insured’s credit score from being used as a factor in determining insurance rates, drivers who have credit scores over 800 may save $289 per year over a credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a below-average credit rating could cost around $335 more per year.
- Make your policy cheaper by raising deductibles. Raising your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $304 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $590 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles increase costs. Dropping your physical damage deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $316 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $628 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Getting older means cheaper auto insurance rates. The difference in 2023 330i insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($1,670 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,640 per year) is $1,970, or a savings of 74.2%.
- Policy discounts save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds are good students, are homeowners, belong to certain professional organizations, are away-from-home students, or other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $308 per year on BMW 330i insurance.
- Car insurance for teenagers on a BMW 330i is expensive. Average rates for full coverage BMW 330i insurance costs $6,428 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,044 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,658 per year for an 18-year-old driver.
- Don’t be a careless driver. Having at-fault accidents will cost you more, possibly as much as $2,542 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $540 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Save money due to your occupation. Most insurance companies offer discounts for earning a living in occupations like scientists, lawyers, high school and elementary teachers, college professors, members of the military, and other occupations. Having this discount applied to your policy could potentially save between $55 and $183 on your car insurance premium, depending on the coverage levels.