- BMW M235i insurance costs an average of $1,626 per year or around $136 per month, depending on driver age.
- With the cheapest insurance rates, the M235i Convertible trim level costs an average of $1,524 per year to insure.
- At the high end, the M235i xDrive Coupe is the most expensive to insure at $1,728 for an annual policy.
- The BMW M235i is one of the more expensive small luxury cars to insure, costing $3 more per year on average when compared to the rest of the segment.
How much does BMW M235i insurance cost?
BMW M235i car insurance costs on average $1,626 a year, or $136 on a monthly basis. Expect to pay approximately $3 more per year for BMW M235i insurance as compared to the average rate for small luxury cars, and $102 less per year than the $1,728 national average.
The chart below illustrates average car insurance rates on a M235i using an assortment of different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,694||$308|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,232||$269|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,284||$190|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,136||$178|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,716||$143|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,626||$136|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,478||$123|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,452||$121|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,362||$114|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,348||$112|
The next table breaks down average full coverage auto insurance rates for a BMW M235i from the 2014 to the 2016 model years and different driver age groups.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 BMW M235i||$4,082||$2,050||$1,830|
|2022 BMW M235i||$3,984||$2,002||$1,786|
|2016 BMW M235i||$3,232||$1,626||$1,452|
|2015 BMW M235i||$3,342||$1,674||$1,498|
|2014 BMW M235i||$3,154||$1,576||$1,412|
The next table shows the average annual and 6-month car insurance policy prices, plus a monthly budget estimate, for each BMW M235i model and trim level.
|BMW M235i Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
Where do BMW M235i insurance prices rank?
The BMW M235i ranks 15th out of 26 total vehicles in the 2016 small luxury car class for most affordable car insurance cost. The M235i costs an estimated $1,626 per year for a full coverage policy, while the segment median price is $1,623 annually, a difference of $3 per year.
When compared side-by-side to other popular small luxury cars, car insurance rates for a BMW M235i cost $56 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz C300, $126 more than the Volvo S60, and $96 more than the Acura TLX.
The following chart shows how insurance cost for a BMW M235i compares to the best-selling small luxury cars in America like the Audi A4, Lexus IS 350, and the BMW i3. A rankings table is also included following the chart that breaks down average auto insurance rates for the entire small luxury car class.
|2||Mercedes-Benz SLK 300||$1,480||-$146|
|13||Lexus CT 200H||$1,616||-$10|
|14||Mercedes-Benz SLK 350||$1,622||-$4|
|17||Lexus RC 200T||$1,646||$20|
|21||Lexus RC 350||$1,696||$70|
|24||Lexus IS 200T||$1,732||$106|
|25||Lexus GS 200T||$1,836||$210|
|26||Lexus IS 350||$1,844||$218|
Additional M235i insurance rates and insights
- High-risk auto insurance costs a lot more. For a 50-year-old driver, the need to buy a high-risk policy can increase the cost by $1,912 or more per year.
- Save money by qualifying for discounts. Discounts may be available if the policyholders insure their home and car with the same company, take a defensive driving course, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, drive low annual mileage, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $278 per year on the cost of insuring a BMW M235i.
- Obey driving laws to save money. If you want to pay the cheapest possible M235i insurance rates, it’s necessary to avoid traffic tickets. In fact, just a few minor moving violations have the potential to increase M235i insurance rates by at least $422 per year. Serious infractions such as hit-and-run could raise rates by an additional $1,492 or more.
- As you age, car insurance rates tend to get cheaper. The difference in insurance rates for a M235i between a 60-year-old driver ($1,452 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,232 per year) is $1,780, or a savings of 76%.
- Get cheaper rates because of your occupation. The large majority of insurance companies offer discounts for having a job in professions like members of the military, dentists, college professors, firefighters, high school and elementary teachers, and others. Qualifying for this discount could potentially save between $49 and $147 on your yearly auto insurance bill, subject to the policy coverages selected.
- Teenage drivers are expensive to insure. Average BMW M235i insurance for teenagers costs $5,768 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,412 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $5,060 per year for a 18-year-old driver, and $4,594 per year for a 19-year-old driver.