- BMW M235i insurance costs an average of $1,478 per year or around $123 per month, depending on driver age.
- With the cheapest insurance rates, the M235i Convertible trim level costs an average of $1,386 per year to insure.
- At the high end, the M235i xDrive Coupe is the most expensive to insure at $1,576 for an annual policy.
- The BMW M235i is one of the more expensive small luxury cars to insure, costing $9 more per year on average when compared to the rest of the segment.
How much does BMW M235i insurance cost?
BMW M235i car insurance costs on average $1,478 a year, or $123 on a monthly basis. Expect to pay approximately $9 more per year for BMW M235i insurance as compared to the average rate for small luxury cars, and $89 less per year than the $1,567 national average.
The chart below illustrates average car insurance rates on a M235i using an assortment of different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,366||$281|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$2,944||$245|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,076||$173|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$1,952||$163|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,562||$130|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,478||$123|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,348||$112|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,324||$110|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,236||$103|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,228||$102|
The next table breaks down average full coverage auto insurance rates for a BMW M235i from the 2014 to the 2016 model years and different driver age groups.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2022 BMW M235i||$3,668||$1,852||$1,650|
|2016 BMW M235i||$2,944||$1,478||$1,324|
|2015 BMW M235i||$3,102||$1,550||$1,388|
|2014 BMW M235i||$2,894||$1,446||$1,296|
The next table shows the average annual and 6-month car insurance policy prices, plus a monthly budget estimate, for each BMW M235i model and trim level.
|BMW M235i Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
Where do BMW M235i insurance prices rank?
The BMW M235i ranks #15 out of 26 total vehicles in the 2016 small luxury car class for most affordable car insurance cost. The M235i costs an estimated $1,478 per year for a full coverage policy, while the segment median price is $1,469 annually, a difference of $9 per year.
When compared side-by-side to other popular small luxury cars, car insurance rates for a BMW M235i cost $42 less per year than the Mercedes-Benz C300, $128 more than the Volvo S60, and $98 more than the Acura TLX.
The following chart shows how insurance cost for a BMW M235i compares to the best-selling small luxury cars in America like the Audi A4, Lexus IS 350, and the BMW i3. A rankings table is also included following the chart that breaks down average auto insurance rates for the entire small luxury car class.
|2||Mercedes-Benz SLK 300||$1,346||-$132|
|12||Lexus CT 200H||$1,454||-$24|
|14||Mercedes-Benz SLK 350||$1,474||-$4|
|17||Lexus RC 200T||$1,484||$6|
|23||Lexus RC 350||$1,544||$66|
|24||Lexus IS 200T||$1,562||$84|
|25||Lexus GS 200T||$1,666||$188|
|26||Lexus IS 350||$1,668||$190|
Additional M235i insurance rates and insights
- High-risk auto insurance costs a lot more. For a 50-year-old driver, the need to buy a high-risk policy can increase the cost by $1,734 or more per year.
- Save money by qualifying for discounts. Discounts may be available if the policyholders insure their home and car with the same company, take a defensive driving course, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, drive low annual mileage, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $250 per year on the cost of insuring a BMW M235i.
- Obey driving laws to save money. If you want to pay the cheapest possible M235i insurance rates, it’s necessary to avoid traffic tickets. In fact, just a few minor moving violations have the potential to increase M235i insurance rates by at least $384 per year. Serious infractions such as hit-and-run could raise rates by an additional $1,360 or more.
- As you age, car insurance rates tend to get cheaper. The difference in insurance rates for a M235i between a 60-year-old driver ($1,324 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($2,944 per year) is $1,620, or a savings of 55%.
- Get cheaper rates because of your occupation. The large majority of insurance companies offer discounts for having a job in professions like members of the military, dentists, college professors, firefighters, high school and elementary teachers, and others. Qualifying for this discount could potentially save between $44 and $133 on your yearly auto insurance bill, subject to the policy coverages selected.
- Teenage drivers are expensive to insure. Average BMW M235i insurance for teenagers costs $5,232 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $4,914 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $4,600 per year for a 18-year-old driver, and $4,178 per year for a 19-year-old driver.