- Genesis G70 insurance costs an average of $1,928 per year or around $161 per month, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest Genesis G70 insurance is on the G70 2.0T Standard Sedan trim level at $1,786 per year, or $149 per month.
- The model with the most expensive insurance is the 3.3T Sport Prestige AWD at $2,034 per year, or around $170 per month.
- The Genesis G70 is one of the cheaper small luxury cars to insure, costing $66 less per year on average as compared to the rest of the vehicles in the segment.
How much does Genesis G70 insurance cost?
Average car insurance rates for the Genesis G70 cost $1,928 per year, which is about $161 per month. When priced by coverage type, comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage costs about $484 a year, liability/medical will cost around $496, and the remaining collision insurance costs around $948.
The following chart illustrates how average G70 car insurance cost changes with changes in driver age and different policy deductibles. Insurance rate averages vary from as low as $1,440 per year for a driver age 60 with $1,000 physical damage deductibles to the highest cost estimate of $4,518 annually for a driver age 20 with deductibles of $250.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
The table below shows average G70 car insurance rates by driver age for the 2019 to 2023 model years.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 Genesis G70||$3,844||$1,928||$1,726|
|2022 Genesis G70||$3,650||$1,828||$1,636|
|2021 Genesis G70||$3,760||$1,880||$1,682|
|2020 Genesis G70||$3,712||$1,854||$1,658|
|2019 Genesis G70||$3,518||$1,762||$1,576|
What is the cheapest Genesis G70 insurance?
The cheapest trim level of Genesis G70 to insure is the 2.0T Standard Sedan at an estimated $1,786 per year, or about $149 per month.
The second cheapest model is the 2.0T Standard AWD at $1,830 per year, and the third cheapest trim to insure is the 2.0T Sport Prestige at $1,868 per year.
The most expensive models of Genesis G70 to insure are the 3.3T Sport Prestige AWD at $2,034 and the 3.3T Sport Sedan at $2,028 per year. Those models will cost an extra $248 over the lowest cost 2.0T Standard Sedan model.
The table below details the average annual and 6-month car insurance costs, plus a monthly budget estimate, for each 2023 Genesis G70 package and trim level.
|Genesis G70 Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|2.0T Standard Sedan||$1,786||$893||$149|
|2.0T Standard AWD||$1,830||$915||$153|
|2.0T Sport Prestige||$1,868||$934||$156|
|3.3T Standard Sedan||$1,892||$946||$158|
|2.0T Sport Prestige AWD||$1,902||$951||$159|
|3.3T Standard AWD||$1,924||$962||$160|
|3.3T Sport Advanced||$1,956||$978||$163|
|3.3T Sport Advanced AWD||$1,984||$992||$165|
|3.3T Sport Prestige||$2,014||$1,007||$168|
|3.3T Sport Sedan||$2,028||$1,014||$169|
|3.3T Sport Prestige AWD||$2,034||$1,017||$170|
How does G70 insurance compare to similar vehicles?
When Genesis G70 insurance rates are compared to the most popular models in the small luxury car category, insurance for a Genesis G70 costs $90 more per year than the BMW 330i, $70 less than the Mercedes-Benz C300, $96 less than the Volvo S60, and $60 more than the Acura TLX.
The Genesis G70 ranks fifth out of 19 comparison vehicles in the small luxury car category. The G70 costs an estimated $1,928 per year for insurance and the segment average cost is $1,994 per year, a difference of $66 per year.
The table below shows how average Genesis G70 car insurance rates compare to the other 19 vehicles in the 2023 luxury small car segment.
|11||Lexus RC 350||$2,010||$82|
|14||Alfa Romeo Giulia||$2,044||$116|
|16||Lexus IS 350||$2,084||$156|
|17||Audi RS 3||$2,162||$234|
Additional rates and information regarding the cost of insurance for a Genesis G70 include:
- The older you get, the cheaper insurance rates become. The difference in G70 insurance rates between a 40-year-old driver ($1,928 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,844 per year) is $1,916, or a savings of 66.4%.
- Genesis G70 insurance rates for teens are expensive. Average rates for full coverage G70 insurance costs $6,774 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,380 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,976 per year for an 18-year-old driver.
- Tickets and violations can cost a lot. If you want to get the most affordable G70 insurance rates, it pays to not be an aggressive driver. As few as two minor driving offenses could increase the price of a policy by at least $504 per year.
- Get cheaper rates because of your employment. Most car insurance providers offer policy discounts for having a job in professions like farmers, architects, college professors, lawyers, engineers, police officers and law enforcement, and other occupations. If you can earn this discount, you may save between $58 and $183 on your annual insurance cost, subject to policy limits.
- Careful drivers have lower rates. Too frequent at-fault accidents can raise rates, possibly as much as $896 per year for a 30-year-old driver and as much as $606 per year for a 50-year-old driver.
- Bring up your credit score and save. In states that have car insurance regulations that allow credit scores to be used as a policy cost factor, having an excellent credit rating above 800 could possibly save as much as $303 per year when compared to a rating of 670-739. Conversely, a weaker credit score below 579 could cost as much as $351 more per year.
- High risk insurance is expensive. For a 30-year-old driver, having a high frequency of accidents or violations could end up with a rate increase of $2,344 or more per year.