- Average Camaro insurance cost is $2,004 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest model of Camaro to insure is the LT Convertible at around $1,708 per year, or about $142 per month.
- The Camaro ranks #10 out of 18 vehicles in the 2021 sports car class for insurance affordability.
How much is insurance for a Camaro?
Ranked #10 out of 18 vehicles in the sports car class, Camaro car insurance rates average $2,004 annually, or around $167 monthly. With the average sports car costing $2,212 a year to insure, Camaro insurance costs $208 less each year.
The following chart shows average car insurance cost for a 2021 Chevy Camaro rated for different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,568||$381|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$4,000||$333|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,848||$237|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,568||$214|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,098||$175|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,004||$167|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,828||$152|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,794||$150|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,716||$143|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,658||$138|
To help you grasp how variable insurance rates for a Camaro are, think about the fact that insuring an older Camaro for only liability insurance in some parts of Illinois or North Carolina can cost as little as $209 a year. For the same model year of vehicle, average insurance cost for a 16-year-old driver with a tendency to speed in specific Pennsylvania zip codes may have to pay as much as $13,152 a year for full coverage.
Some other notable rates and scenarios that can possibly earn policy discounts include:
- Insuring teenagers can be very expensive. Chevrolet Camaro car insurance costs $7,368 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,848 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $6,376 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Clean up your credit to lower your rates. In states that have laws allowing an insured’s credit rating to be used for generating rates, having a good credit rating over 800 could save a minimum of $315 per year when compared to a slightly lower credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a below average credit score could cost as much as $365 more per year.
- Your job could save you a few bucks. Most car insurance providers offer policy discounts for working in professions like high school and elementary teachers, members of the military, engineers, emergency medical technicians, farmers, and other occupations. Getting this discount applied to your policy could save between $60 and $145 on your Chevrolet Camaro insurance bill, depending on your age.
- High risk Camaro insurance is expensive. For a 30-year-old driver, the requirement to buy a high-risk policy could trigger a rate increase of $2,470 or more per year.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the insureds are homeowners, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are accident-free, belong to certain professional organizations, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $346 per year.
Does a ZL1 or SS Camaro cost more to insure?
The three most expensive Camaro models to insure are the Camaro ZL1 Convertible, the SS Coupe, and the ZL1 Coupe trim levels at around $2,054, $2,320, and $2,598 per year, respectively.
The cheapest Camaro model to insure is the LT Convertible at $1,708 per year. The next cheapest model to insure is the LT Convertible 4 Cyl Turbo at $1,732 per year. On average, plan on budgeting a minimum of $142 per month for a policy with full coverage.
With 2021 Chevy Camaro insurance rates ranging from $1,708 to $2,598 per year on average, the cost difference between the cheapest and most expensive models is $890 per year.
The next table details average annual and 6-month Chevrolet Camaro car insurance rates, plus a monthly budget amount, for each 2021 model and trim level.
|Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|LT Convertible 4 Cyl Turbo||$1,732||$866||$144|
|LT Coupe 4 Cyl Turbo||$2,052||$1,026||$171|
Where does Camaro insurance cost rank?
The Chevrolet Camaro ranks #10 out of 18 total comparison vehicles in the sports car category. The Camaro costs an average of $2,004 per year to insure, while the segment average cost is $2,212 per year, a difference of $208 per year.
When rates are compared directly to the most popular models in the sports car category, insurance for a Chevrolet Camaro costs $306 more per year than the Ford Mustang, $76 less than the Dodge Challenger, $204 more than the Subaru WRX, and $58 more than the Chevrolet Corvette.
The table below shows how well average Camaro insurance compares to all other cars in the 2021 sports car segment.
|1||Mazda MX-5 Miata||$1,388||-$616|
|13||Lexus LC 500||$2,500||$496|
How much is Camaro insurance for teenagers?
Average car insurance rates for a teen driver on a 2021 Chevy Camaro are expensive. Prices range from the average cost to insure a 19-year-old female is $5,108 per year up to insurance for a 16-year-old male at $7,368 per year.
There is a good chance that a teen is driving an older model year of Camaro, rather than a new 2021 model, which will save a little bit on insurance. The chart below shows average car insurance rates on a 2015 Chevy Camaro for both male and female teen drivers, from age 16 to 19.
|Teen Driver Gender||Age 16||Age 17||Age 18||Age 19|
Teenagers are the most expensive age group to insure, and the performance of the Camaro does not help the situation. Any time a young, inexperienced driver is rated on any kind of vehicle with above average performance features, the result will be very high car insurance rates.
If keeping full coverage is mandatory, the only ways to reduce the cost of insuring a teen on a Camaro are to increase the physical damage deductibles, or ensure you’re getting every discount possible including good student and driver training discounts if you can.
If the Camaro is old enough and in somewhat poor condition, then dropping full coverage may be an option. Liability-only insurance is the cheapest policy available since it does not cover any losses like collisions, hail, fire, flood, theft, or vandalism.
Chevy Camaro prior model year insurance rates
The following sections detail Chevrolet Camaro insurance rates for every trim level for the 2013 to 2020 model years.
2020 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Chevy Camaro are $2,322 per year, or around $194 per month. Rates range from $1,982 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $3,010 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
|2020 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|LT Convertible 4 Cyl Turbo||$1,694||$141|
|LT Coupe 4 Cyl Turbo||$2,010||$168|
2019 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates for a 2019 Chevrolet Camaro average $1,784 per year, or about $149 per month. Rates range from $1,506 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,328 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
|2019 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
2018 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
2018 Chevy Camaro insurance rates average $1,768 per year, or around $147 per month. Cost ranges from $1,488 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,294 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
|2018 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
2017 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
A 2017 Chevrolet Camaro averages $1,706 per year for full coverage insurance, or around $142 per month. Rates range from $1,494 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,012 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
|2017 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|SS 2 Convertible||$1,574||$131|
2016 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance cost for a 2016 Chevy Camaro is $1,632 per year, or around $136 per month. Rates range from $1,422 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,886 for the Camaro SS Coupe.
|2016 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|SS 2 Convertible||$1,578||$132|
2015 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates average $1,542 per year for a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro, or around $129 per month. Rates range from $1,294 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,032 for the Camaro Z/28 Coupe.
|2015 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
2014 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Average insurance cost for a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro is $1,556 per year, or around $130 per month. Rates range from $1,254 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $2,112 for the Camaro Z/28 Coupe.
|2014 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
2013 Chevy Camaro Insurance Cost
Insurance rates for a 2013 Chevy Camaro average $1,388 per year, or about $116 per month. Rates range from $1,124 per year for the Camaro LT Convertible to $1,782 for the Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
|2013 Chevrolet Camaro Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|