- Audi Q8 car insurance costs an average of $1,966 per year, or around $164 per month for full coverage.
- The Q8 is one of the more expensive midsize luxury SUVs to insure, costing $123 more per year on average as compared to the rest of the vehicles in the segment.
- The cheapest trim level of Audi Q8 to insure is the Premium at $1,802 per year.
How much does Audi Q8 insurance cost?
Audi Q8 car insurance averages $1,966 annually for a full coverage policy, or $164 if paid each month. With the average 2022 midsize luxury SUV costing $1,843 a year to insure, the Audi Q8 could cost around $123 more each year to insure.
The following chart illustrates average 2022 Audi Q8 insurance cost using variations of driver age and risk profiles. Middle-age drivers with good driving records tend to have the cheapest car insurance rates on an Audi Q8, whereas younger and higher-risk drivers pay higher rates.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,480||$373|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,924||$327|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,756||$230|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,648||$221|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,096||$175|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,966||$164|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,790||$149|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,760||$147|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,634||$136|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,620||$135|
Due to the wide range of car insurance rates on a Q8, it’s nearly impossible to put them all in a single chart. Below are some additional rates and situations that could affect the cost of your next auto insurance policy.
- High-risk drivers pay a lot more for insurance. For a 30-year-old driver, having too many accidents or violations could raise rates by $2,384 or more per year.
- Obey driving laws to keep rates low. To get the cheapest Audi Q8 car insurance rates, it pays to avoid traffic tickets. As few as two minor incidents on your driving report can potentially raise Q8 insurance cost by at least $512 per year. Serious misdemeanors such as driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol could raise rates by an additional $1,806 or more.
- Getting older means more affordable car insurance rates. The difference in 2022 Q8 insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($1,760 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($2,096 per year) is $336, or a savings of 16%.
- Policy discounts equal cheaper Q8 insurance rates. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers are military or federal employees, are loyal customers, take a defensive driving course, are claim-free, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $332 per yearon the cost of insuring a Q8.
- Auto insurance is cheaper with higher deductibles. Raising your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $346 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $684 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles may be wasting money. Decreasing deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $364 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $722 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Excellent credit scores get the best rates. Having a credit score above 800 could save as much as $309 per year compared to a credit score ranging from 670-739. Conversely, a lesser credit rating could cost as much as $358 more per year. Not all states allow credit to be used as a rating factor, so your mileage may vary on this one.
How does Audi Q8 insurance cost compare?
When compared to other midsize luxury SUVs, insurance for a Audi Q8 costs $396 more per year than the Lexus RX 350, $28 more than the BMW X5, $388 more than the Acura MDX, and $466 more than the Cadillac XT5.
The Audi Q8 ranks #25 out of 36 total comparison vehicles in the 2022 midsize luxury SUV category. The Q8 costs an average of $1,966 per year for full coverage insurance and the segment average is $1,843 annually, a difference of $123 per year.
The chart below shows how car insurance rates for a 2022 Audi Q8 compare to the top 10 best-selling midsize luxury SUVs like the Lexus RX 350, BMW X5, and the Cadillac XT5. We also include a table following the chart ranking insurance affordability for the entire midsize luxury SUV category.
|3||Lexus RX 350||$1,570||-$396|
|6||Lexus RX 450h||$1,608||-$358|
|8||Lexus RX 350L||$1,628||-$338|
|11||Land Rover Discovery||$1,660||-$306|
|12||Land Rover Discovery Sport||$1,662||-$304|
|13||Lexus RX 450hL||$1,676||-$290|
|16||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLB35||$1,740||-$226|
|18||Lexus GX 460||$1,766||-$200|
|22||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43||$1,846||-$120|
|27||Land Rover Range Rover Sport||$2,020||$54|
|29||Tesla Model X||$2,064||$98|
|32||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE53||$2,150||$184|
|34||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63||$2,292||$326|
|36||Audi RS 6||$2,390||$424|
What is the cheapest Audi Q8 insurance?
With Audi Q8 insurance rates ranging from $1,802 to $2,168 per year, the cheapest trim level to insure is the Premium. The next cheapest model to insure is the Premium Plus at $1,848 per year.
At the more expensive end of the Q8 car insurance cost range, the three most expensive Q8 models to insure are the Audi Q8 S Premium Plus, the S Prestige, and the RS trim levels at around $2,018, $2,060, and $2,168 per year, respectively.
The table below shows average insurance rates for annual and 6-month policy terms, in addition to a monthly amount for budgeting, for each Audi Q8 model trim level.
|Audi Q8 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|S Premium Plus||$2,018||$1,009||$168|
Audi Q8 prior model year insurance rates
The following sections detail Audi Q8 insurance rates for every trim level for the 2019 through 2021 model years.
How much does 2021 Audi Q8 insurance cost?
Average insurance rates for a 2021 Audi Q8 are $1,808 per year, or around $151 per month. Rates range from $1,754 per year for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Premium AWD to $1,844 for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD.
|2021 Audi Q8 Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|3.0 Quattro Premium AWD||$1,754||$146|
|3.0 Quattro Premium Plus AWD||$1,800||$150|
|3.0 Quattro Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$1,800||$150|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige AWD||$1,844||$154|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD||$1,844||$154|
How much does 2020 Audi Q8 insurance cost?
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Audi Q8 are $1,770 per year, or around $148 per month. Rates range from $1,716 per year for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Premium AWD to $1,804 for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD.
|2020 Audi Q8 Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|3.0 Quattro Premium AWD||$1,716||$143|
|3.0 Quattro Premium Plus AWD||$1,762||$147|
|3.0 Quattro Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$1,762||$147|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige AWD||$1,804||$150|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD||$1,804||$150|
How much are 2019 Audi Q8 insurance rates?
Insurance rates for a 2019 Audi Q8 average $1,828 per year, or about $152 per month. Rates range from $1,776 per year for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Premium AWD to $1,864 for the Q8 3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD.
|2019 Audi Q8 Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|3.0 Quattro Premium AWD||$1,776||$148|
|3.0 Quattro PremiumPlus AWD||$1,820||$152|
|3.0 Quattro PremiumPlus S-Line AWD||$1,820||$152|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige AWD||$1,864||$155|
|3.0 Quattro Prestige S-Line AWD||$1,864||$155|