- Car insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz GLE450 average $2,042 per year or around $170 per month, but can vary significantly based on the driver’s age.
- The Mercedes-Benz GLE450 is one of the cheaper midsize luxury SUVs to insure, costing $62 less per year on average when compared to other midsize luxury SUVs.
How much does Mercedes GLE450 insurance cost?
Mercedes GLE450 car insurance rates average $2,042 per year for full coverage, which equates to around $170 a month. When a policy is broken down into individual coverages, comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage will cost approximately $494 a year, liability and medical (or PIP) coverage is around $584, and the remaining collision coverage will cost about $964.
The chart below displays average annual car insurance rates for a 2023 GLE450 using variations of driver age and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,652||$388|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$4,074||$340|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,880||$240|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,688||$224|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,154||$180|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,042||$170|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,862||$155|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,826||$152|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,712||$143|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,694||$141|
The following table details average insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz GLE450 from the 2016 to 2023 model years and different driver age groups.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 Mercedes-Benz GLE450||$4,074||$2,042||$1,826|
|2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE450||$3,850||$1,936||$1,730|
|2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE450||$3,630||$1,822||$1,630|
|2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE450||$3,580||$1,794||$1,606|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE450||$3,886||$1,932||$1,730|
How do Mercedes GLE450 insurance rates rank?
The Mercedes-Benz GLE450 ranks 20th out of 37 total vehicles in the midsize luxury SUV category for car insurance affordability. The GLE450 costs an average of $2,042 per year for full coverage auto insurance and the segment average auto insurance cost is $2,104 annually, a difference of $62 per year.
When insurance prices are compared to other popular midsize luxury SUVs, car insurance rates for a Mercedes-Benz GLE450 cost $422 more per year than the Lexus RX 350, $246 less than the BMW X5, and $242 more than the Acura MDX.
The chart displayed below shows how average GLE450 car insurance rates compare to the top 10 best-selling midsize luxury SUVs like the Cadillac XT5, Lexus GX 460, and the Infiniti QX60. A rankings table is also included after the chart detailing average car insurance rates for all 37 models in the midsize luxury SUV class.
|1||Lexus RX 350||$1,620||-$422|
|7||Lexus RX 350L||$1,850||-$192|
|8||Land Rover Discovery Sport||$1,854||-$188|
|11||Lexus RX 450h||$1,908||-$134|
|12||Lexus GX 460||$1,928||-$114|
|13||Lexus RX 450hL||$1,938||-$104|
|16||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLB35||$1,988||-$54|
|22||Land Rover Discovery||$2,074||$32|
|23||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43||$2,110||$68|
|26||Tesla Model X||$2,242||$200|
|27||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE53||$2,248||$206|
|30||Land Rover Range Rover Sport||$2,312||$270|
|35||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63||$2,650||$608|
|36||Audi RS 6||$2,694||$652|
Additional GLE450 car insurance rates
Additional important insights as they relate to Mercedes-Benz GLE450 insurance cost include:
- Car insurance is expensive for high-risk drivers. For a 40-year-old driver, having too many accidents or violations can increase the cost by $2,460 or more per year.
- Avoid driving violations to reduce policy cost. If you want to get the most budget-friendly GLE450 insurance rates, it’s necessary to avoid traffic citations. A couple of minor driving infractions could increase policy rates by as much as $538 per year. Serious misdemeanors such as a DWI could raise rates by an additional $1,884 or more.
- As driver age increases, insurance rates tend to go down. The difference in GLE450 insurance cost between a 40-year-old driver ($2,042 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($4,074 per year) is $2,032, or a savings of 66.4%.
- Your employment could save you a few bucks. The large majority of auto insurance companies offer discounts for being employed in professions like engineers, accountants, high school and elementary teachers, doctors, firefighters, and others. Being employed in a qualifying occupation could save between $61 and $183 on your annual GLE450 insurance cost, depending on the level of coverage purchased.
- Mercedes-Benz GLE450 insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage GLE450 insurance costs $7,270 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $6,820 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $6,380 per year for an 18-year-old driver, and $5,790 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- Gender affects car insurance rates. For a 2023 Mercedes GLE450, a 20-year-old male driver receives an average rate of $4,074 per year, while a 20-year-old female pays $3,010, a difference of $1,064 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, the cost for a male driver is $1,862 and the cost for women is $1,820, a difference of only $42.