- Land Rover Discovery insurance costs an average of $1,660 per year, or around $138 per month for full coverage.
- When compared to other midsize luxury SUVs, the Land Rover Discovery is one of the cheaper midsize luxury SUVs to insure, costing $183 less per year on average.
- With the cheapest insurance rates, the Discovery S trim level costs an estimated $1,566 per year to insure.
- At the high end, the Discovery Metropolitan Edition is the most expensive to insure at $1,750 for an annual policy.
How much does Land Rover Discovery car insurance cost?
Discovery car insurance costs an average of $1,660 a year, which is the equivalent of $138 a month. Comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage will cost around $416 a year, liability and medical payments insurance is an estimated $436, and the remaining collision insurance will cost approximately $808.
The following chart displays average car insurance cost for a 2022 Land Rover Discovery using different risk profiles and driver ages.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,774||$315|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,304||$275|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,332||$194|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,202||$184|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,758||$147|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,660||$138|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,510||$126|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,484||$124|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,382||$115|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,378||$115|
How does the Discovery compare to other luxury SUVs?
When rates are compared to the top-selling vehicles in the midsize luxury SUV segment, insurance for a Land Rover Discovery costs $90 more per year than the Lexus RX 350, $338 less than the Audi Q7 $82 more than the Acura MDX, and $160 more than the Cadillac XT5.
The Discovery ranks #11 out of 36 comparison vehicles in the midsize luxury SUV category. The Discovery costs an average of $1,660 per year to insure and the category average is $1,843 annually, a difference of $183 per year.
The table below compares average Land Rover Discovery insurance cost to the entire midsize luxury SUV market.
|3||Lexus RX 350||$1,570||-$90|
|6||Lexus RX 450h||$1,608||-$52|
|8||Lexus RX 350L||$1,628||-$32|
|11||Land Rover Discovery||$1,660||--|
|12||Land Rover Discovery Sport||$1,662||$2|
|13||Lexus RX 450hL||$1,676||$16|
|16||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLB35||$1,740||$80|
|18||Lexus GX 460||$1,766||$106|
|22||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43||$1,846||$186|
|27||Land Rover Range Rover Sport||$2,020||$360|
|29||Tesla Model X||$2,064||$404|
|32||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE53||$2,150||$490|
|34||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63||$2,292||$632|
|36||Audi RS 6||$2,390||$730|
Which Discovery model is cheapest to insure?
The cheapest model of Land Rover Discovery to insure is the S at around $1,566 per year. The second cheapest model is the R-Dynamic P300 S also at $1,604 per year, and the third cheapest model to insure is the R-Dynamic P360 S at $1,664 per year.
The two most expensive Land Rover Discovery models to insure are the Discovery R-Dynamic P360 HSE and the Metropolitan Edition trim levels at an estimated $1,720 and $1,750 per year, respectively.
The table below shows average car insurance rates for yearly and semi-annual policy terms, in addition to a monthly budget figure, for each Land Rover Discovery package and trim level.
|Land Rover Discovery Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|R-Dynamic P300 S||$1,604||$802||$134|
|R-Dynamic P360 S||$1,664||$832||$139|
|R-Dynamic P360 HSE||$1,720||$860||$143|
Some additional insurance rates and discounts include:
- High-risk drivers pay a lot more for insurance. For a 50-year-old driver, having too many accidents or violations increases the cost by $1,944 or more per year.
- Bring up your credit score to save money. In states that allow credit history to be used as a factor in determining car insurance rates, insureds with excellent credit scores of 800+ could save as much as $261 per year versus a decent credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a credit score below 579 could cost up to $302 more per year.
- Raising deductibles makes insurance more affordable. Increasing your deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $278 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $542 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Decreasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $290 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $576 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Land Rover Discovery insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage Discovery insurance costs $5,834 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,490 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,142 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- Rates trend downward as age increases. The difference in 2022 Discovery insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($1,484 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($1,758 per year) is $274, or a savings of 15.6%.
- Policy discounts mean cheaper Discovery insurance. Discounts may be available if the insureds are loyal customers, belong to certain professional organizations, insure their home and car with the same company, are homeowners, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $282 per year.
- Obey the law and pay less. If you want the most affordable Discovery insurance rates, it pays to obey traffic laws. In fact, just a few moving violations have the potential to raise policy rates by at least $432 per year.