- Average Audi car insurance rates for 2023 models range from $1,868 a year for a Audi Q3 up to $3,468 per year for the Audi R8.
- Compared to other luxury brands, average car insurance cost for an Audi is 12.2% more expensive than Lexus, 6.7% more expensive than Infiniti, and 4.1% cheaper than BMW.
- Average monthly insurance cost on an Audi with full coverage ranges from $156 to $289, depending on the model.
Audi ranks 28th out of 32 car brands for reliability, which averages 3.0 out of 5 stars according to RepairPal.com. Average annual repair costs for all Audi models runs $987 per year, which is considered an average amount across all brands.
J.D. Power ranks Audi 26th out of 34 brands, with 232 problems per 100 vehicles for the 2022 model year. This is 40 problems per 100 vehicles more than the average of 192 across all brands compared.
From a safety standpoint, the 2023 Audi A3, A4, A4 allroad, and A5 coupe and sportback received IIHS Top Safety Pick+ designations, which is the highest safety rating awarded.
How much does Audi insurance cost?
Average Audi car insurance rates for 2023 models range from $1,868 a year for a Audi Q3 up to $3,468 per year for the Audi R8. The average cost per year when averaged for all Audi models is $2,334.
When compared to the average car insurance rate for all vehicles in the U.S. of $1,728, the cost to insure Audi models averages $606 more per year.
The table below breaks out average cost of insurance for each Audi model. Click any model link to view additional rate and comparison data.
|Model||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
|Audi RS 3||$2,162||$180|
|Audi RS 5||$2,380||$198|
|Audi RS 6||$2,694||$225|
|Audi RS 7||$2,726||$227|
Is insurance for an Audi expensive?
When compared to other competing luxury brands, average annual Audi car insurance rates are $268 more expensive than Lexus, $151 more expensive than Infiniti, $98 cheaper than BMW, and $146 cheaper than Mercedes-Benz.
The chart below compares average Audi car insurance cost to six other popular premium automotive brands.
As shown in the chart above, Audi is one of the more expensive luxury automotive manufacturers to insure, along with BMW and Mercedes. When cost difference is considered as percentages, Audi insurance averages 4.1% less per year than BMW, 6.1% less than Mercedes-Benz, and 12.2% more than the Lexus average rate.
The next table includes some additional luxury brands like Land Rover and Jaguar, and also includes many more mainstream brands like Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota, and Honda.
The difference column illustrates how each brand compares to the average Audi insurance rate shown in the first table row. Green indicates a lower average rate than Audi, while red indicates a more expensive average rate.
|Automotive Brand||Insurance Cost||Difference|
When non-luxury brands are included in the comparison, it’s pretty clear that Audi insurance rates are definitely on the high end.
When compared to U.S. manufacturers like Ford and Chevrolet, average Audi insurance cost is 24.4% more expensive per year than Ford and 25.9% more expensive than Chevy.
Other popular brands and their respective percentage difference in cost from Audi include Toyota at 24.2% less, Honda at 34% less, Kia at 28.1% less, and Nissan at 27.2% less per year.
Which Audi models are cheapest to insure?
For 2023 models, the cheapest Audi model to insure is the Audi Q3, which is a small luxury SUV costing an average $1,868 per year, or around $156 per month. The Audi TT comes in second at $1,876 per year.
The next three cheapest Audi vehicles to insure are the Audi A3, Audi SQ5, and Audi A4. Annual and monthly auto insurance rates for the five cheapest Audi vehicles to insure are shown below.
Cheapest Audi vehicles to insure for 2023
- Audi Q3 – (small luxury SUV) Average yearly rate of $1,868 or $156 per month
- Audi TT – (sports car) Average yearly rate of $1,876 or $156 per month
- Audi A3 – (midsize luxury car) Average yearly rate of $1,980 or $165 per month
- Audi SQ5 – (midsize luxury SUV) Average yearly rate of $1,990 or $166 per month
- Audi A4 – (small luxury car) Average yearly rate of $2,006 or $167 per month
Which Audi models cost the most to insure?
For 2023 models, the most expensive Audi model to insure at $3,468 per year, or around $289 per month, is the Audi R8 sports car. The Audi S8 ranks second at $2,982 per year.
Annual and monthly auto insurance rates for the top five most expensive Audi models to insure are listed below.
Most expensive Audi vehicles to insure for 2023
- Audi R8 – (sports car) Average yearly rate of $3,468 or $289 per month
- Audi S8 – (large luxury car) Average yearly rate of $2,982 or $249 per month
- Audi A8 – (large luxury car) Average yearly rate of $2,964 or $247 per month
- Audi S7 – (midsize luxury car) Average yearly rate of $2,796 or $233 per month
- Audi RS 7 – (large luxury car) Average yearly rate of $2,726 or $227 per month