- GMC Acadia insurance costs an average of $1,682 per year on average, or about $140 per month for a policy with full coverage.
- The Acadia SLE 2WD trim level is the cheapest to insure at around $1,592 per year, or $133 per month.
- The model with the most expensive insurance is the Denali AWD at $1,766 per year, or around $147 per month.
- When compared to other midsize SUVs, the 2023 GMC Acadia is one of the cheaper midsize SUVs to insure, costing $42 less per year than the segment average.
How much does GMC Acadia insurance cost?
GMC Acadia car insurance costs on average $1,682 annually for full coverage, or $140 each month. With the average midsize SUV costing $1,724 a year to insure, the GMC Acadia could save roughly $42 on an annual basis over comparable models.
When compared to all vehicles, not just midsize SUVs, insurance for an Acadia costs $3 less per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,685.
The following chart displays the range of car insurance costs for a 2023 GMC Acadia using a variety of different risk scenarios.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,804||$317|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,334||$278|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,372||$198|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,172||$181|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,768||$147|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,682||$140|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,534||$128|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,502||$125|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,430||$119|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,398||$117|
The above chart displays a very small number of values from an extremely large data set. If the data included all rates for every possible combination of rating factors, including all seven Acadia trim levels and every zip code in the U.S., the chart would have approximately 677,376,000,000 data points.
In order to help you grasp the full scope of car insurance rates on an Acadia, keep in mind that liability-only insurance for an Acadia in some parts of Wisconsin or Iowa may be as cheap as $234 a year, while a teenager with a couple of driving violations in some zip codes in Philadelphia, PA, could receive a car insurance bill for $12,882 a year for a policy with full coverage.
The following table shows average full coverage car insurance rates for the GMC Acadia for the 2007 to 2023 model years.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2023 GMC Acadia||$1,682||$841||$140|
|2022 GMC Acadia||$1,666||$833||$139|
|2021 GMC Acadia||$1,606||$803||$134|
|2020 GMC Acadia||$1,584||$792||$132|
|2019 GMC Acadia||$1,562||$781||$130|
|2018 GMC Acadia||$1,514||$757||$126|
|2017 GMC Acadia||$1,440||$720||$120|
|2016 GMC Acadia||$1,442||$721||$120|
|2015 GMC Acadia||$1,368||$684||$114|
|2014 GMC Acadia||$1,244||$622||$104|
|2013 GMC Acadia||$1,304||$652||$109|
|2012 GMC Acadia||$1,278||$639||$106|
|2011 GMC Acadia||$1,252||$626||$104|
|2010 GMC Acadia||$1,227||$614||$102|
|2009 GMC Acadia||$1,203||$601||$100|
|2008 GMC Acadia||$1,179||$589||$98|
|2007 GMC Acadia||$1,155||$578||$96|
What is the cheapest GMC Acadia insurance?
With average GMC Acadia car insurance rates ranging from $1,592 to $1,766 per year on average, the cheapest model to insure is the SLE 2WD. The next cheapest Acadia to insure is the SLE AWD at $1,630 per year.
The most expensive models of GMC Acadia to insure are the Denali AWD and the Denali 2WD at $1,766 per year. Those models will cost an extra $174 per year to insure on average.
Monthly insurance cost for a GMC Acadia ranges from $133 to $147 for full coverage, depending on the exact model you’re insuring. Older models may not justify the cost of keeping full coverage, so if you’re looking to save money on insurance, liability-only coverage may be an option.
The rate table below details average annual and 6-month policy costs, plus a monthly insurance rate, for each 2023 GMC Acadia package and trim.
|GMC Acadia Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
Is GMC Acadia car insurance expensive?
The GMC Acadia ranks 13th out of 31 total vehicles in the midsize SUV class. The Acadia costs an average of $1,682 per year to insure, while the segment median rate is $1,724 per year, making the Acadia $42 less per year on average.
When compared directly to popular vehicles in the 2023 midsize SUV segment, insurance rates for a GMC Acadia cost $194 less per year than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, $80 less than the Toyota Highlander, $178 more than the Ford Explorer, and $232 less than the Jeep Cherokee.
When compared to all 2023 model year vehicles (not just midsize SUVs), GMC Acadia insurance costs 0.2% less than the national average car insurance rate of $1,685 per year.
The chart below shows how average insurance rates for a 2023 GMC Acadia compare against the 10 best-selling midsize SUVs. Following the chart, you will find an expanded table that illustrates insurance rankings for all 31 vehicles in the midsize SUV segment.
|8||Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport||$1,576||-$106|
|19||Mitsubishi Outlander Sport||$1,744||$62|
|23||Hyundai Santa Fe||$1,810||$128|
|24||Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,876||$194|
|28||Tesla Model Y||$1,970||$288|
|29||Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||$2,018||$336|
Some closing points about Acadia insurance include:
- Policy discounts save money. Discounts may be available if the policyholders insure their home and car with the same company, work in certain occupations, are military or federal employees, sign their policy early, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $284 per year on the cost of insuring an Acadia.
- Citations and violations increase insurance cost. If you want the most affordable Acadia insurance rates, it’s necessary to drive conservatively. In fact, just one or two blemishes on your motor vehicle report could result in a rate increase of up to $442 per year. Being convicted of a serious infraction such as DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,536 or more.
- A good credit rating can save money. In states that have car insurance regulations that allow an insured’s credit score to be used as a policy cost factor, drivers who have credit scores over 800 may see savings of $264 per year over a credit score between 670-739. Conversely, a weaker credit score could cost up to $306 more per year.
- Older drivers tend to pay less than younger drivers. The difference in insurance cost for a GMC Acadia between a 60-year-old driver ($1,502 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,334 per year) is $1,832, or a savings of 75.8%.
- Increase deductibles to save money. Increasing deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $252 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $490 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Choosing a low deductible may not make good financial sense. Dropping your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $264 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $516 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Insurance for teenage drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Acadia insurance costs $6,052 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,640 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,262 per year for an 18-year-old driver.