- Buick Enclave car insurance costs around $1,748 per year, $874 for a 6-month policy, or $146 per month.
- The base Enclave Essence trim level is the cheapest to insure at around $1,656 per year, or $138 per month.
- The model with the most expensive insurance is the Enclave Avenir AWD at $1,826 per year, or around $152 per month.
- Out of 31 vehicles in the 2023 midsize SUV segment, the Enclave ranks 16th for insurance affordability.
How much does Buick Enclave car insurance cost?
Buick Enclave insurance averages around $1,748 a year for full coverage. Depending on the trim level being insured, monthly car insurance cost for a 2023 Buick Enclave ranges from $138 to $152.
Overall, expect to pay around $22 less annually for Buick Enclave insurance when compared to the average rate for all midsize SUVs, and $20 more per year than the $1,728 average for all vehicles.
The following chart shows the average annual car insurance cost for a 2023 Buick Enclave using some common driver age and risk scenarios.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,940||$328|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,454||$288|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,462||$205|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,260||$188|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,834||$153|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,748||$146|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,592||$133|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,558||$130|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,482||$124|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,450||$121|
For the same model year of Buick Enclave, a teenager with a tendency to speed in some zip codes in New Orleans, LA, could get an insurance bill for $14,516 a year for a policy with full coverage.
Additional rates and savings tips include:
- Drive safe and save. At-fault accidents raise insurance rates, possibly by an extra $2,416 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even as much as $520 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers costs. Increasing deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $266 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $510 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles increase costs. Lowering deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $276 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $538 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- The cost to insure teen drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Enclave insurance costs $6,250 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,826 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,440 per year for an 18-year-old driver.
- Driving violations increase insurance rates. It pays to avoid traffic citations if you want the cheapest rates. As a matter of fact, just one or two minor infractions on your motor vehicle report can increase the price of a policy by as much as $456 per year. Serious citations like DUI or reckless driving could raise rates by an additional $1,584 or more.
- As driver age increases, insurance rates tend to go down. The difference in insurance rates for a 2023 Buick Enclave between a 50-year-old driver ($1,592 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,454 per year) is $1,862, or a savings of 73.8%.
- Enclave insurance is expensive for high-risk drivers. For a 50-year-old driver, having enough accidents and violations to require a high-risk insurance policy can potentially increase rates by $2,032 or more per year.
- Gender affects car insurance rates. For a 2023 Buick Enclave, a 20-year-old male pays an average rate of $3,454 per year, while a 20-year-old woman pays an estimated $2,574, a difference of $880 per year in the women’s favor by a large margin. But by age 50, male driver rates are $1,592 and rates for female drivers are $1,558, a difference of only $34.
What is the cheapest Buick Enclave insurance?
With Buick Enclave car insurance rates ranging from $1,656 to $1,826 annually on average, the cheapest model to insure is the base Enclave Essence model. The second cheapest model to insure is the Essence AWD at $1,684 per year.
On the opposite end of the cost spectrum, the three most expensive Enclave trim levels to insure are the Buick Enclave Premium AWD, the Avenir, and the Avenir AWD trim levels ranging from $1,772 to $1,826 per year.
At a minimum, plan on budgeting around $138 per month to insure a 2023 Enclave for full coverage. Lower physical damage deductibles will cost more, whereas high deductibles will cost less each year. Older models
The rate table below details average car insurance rates for annual and semi-annual policy terms, in addition to a monthly budget amount, for each Buick Enclave package and trim level.
|Buick Enclave Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
How does Enclave insurance cost compare?
When compared directly to the most popular models in the midsize SUV segment, insurance for a Buick Enclave costs $178 less per year than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, $58 less than the Toyota Highlander, $206 more than the Ford Explorer, and $220 less than the Jeep Cherokee.
The Buick Enclave ranks 16th out of 31 comparison vehicles in the midsize SUV segment for the 2023 model year. The Enclave costs an average of $1,748 per year for full coverage insurance and the class average is $1,770 annually, a difference of $22 per year.
When the Enclave is compared to all other vehicles, not just its competitors in the midsize SUV category, insurance costs 1.2% more on an Enclave than the national average car insurance rate of $1,728 per year.
The table below ranks the average car insurance cost for all 31 vehicles in the midsize SUV class. It also shows the difference in insurance cost between each model and the Buick Enclave.
|8||Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport||$1,616||-$132|
|19||Mitsubishi Outlander Sport||$1,790||$42|
|23||Hyundai Santa Fe||$1,858||$110|
|24||Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,926||$178|
|28||Tesla Model Y||$2,026||$278|
|29||Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||$2,072||$324|
Are newer Enclave models more expensive to insure?
In general, expect higher insurance costs for newer Enclave models. A 2023 Enclave costs an estimated $1,748 per year for insurance, while a 2013 model costs around $1,460, a difference of $288 per year. Older models have a lower replacement cost value which lowers the cost of insurance.
Occasionally, and the Enclave is one example, newer models have additional safety features or fare better in crash tests, which can actually result in a cheaper insurance rate on a newer model. This is primarily due to a lower liability and/or medical payments insurance cost, rather than a decrease in collision insurance cost.
The table below details estimated Buick Enclave insurance premiums for the 2013 through 2023 model years.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2023 Buick Enclave||$1,748||$874||$146|
|2022 Buick Enclave||$1,744||$872||$145|
|2021 Buick Enclave||$1,586||$793||$132|
|2020 Buick Enclave||$1,562||$781||$130|
|2019 Buick Enclave||$1,662||$831||$139|
|2018 Buick Enclave||$1,626||$813||$136|
|2017 Buick Enclave||$1,536||$768||$128|
|2016 Buick Enclave||$1,488||$744||$124|
|2015 Buick Enclave||$1,444||$722||$120|
|2014 Buick Enclave||$1,516||$758||$126|
|2013 Buick Enclave||$1,460||$730||$122|
Eventually, every vehicle depreciates to the point where it just may not make good financial sense to keep paying for full coverage. The maximum amount of a claim settlement is the replacement cost or actual cash value of the vehicle. This value goes down every year, and at some point, the benefit of having full coverage is exceeded by the cost.
Eliminating physical damage insurance coverage on an older Buick Enclave could save in the ballpark of $766 per year, depending on where the physical damage deductibles were set and the age of the driver rated on the vehicle.