- Nissan Murano insurance averages $1,516 per year or $758 for a semi-annual policy, depending on the trim level.
- With the cheapest Murano insurance, the S 2WD trim level costs an estimated $1,424 per year to insure. At the high end, the Murano Platimum AWD is the most expensive to insure at $1,596 for an annual policy.
- When compared to other midsize SUVs, the Nissan Murano is one of the cheaper midsize SUVs to insure, ranking at sixth and costing $208 less less than the segment average.
- Buying insurance for an older model year Nissan Murano may reduce your insurance bill by $234 per year or more.
How much does Nissan Murano insurance cost?
Nissan Murano insurance costs an average of $1,516 a year for a full coverage policy. Depending on the trim level being insured, monthly car insurance rates range from $119 to $133, with the Murano S 2WD being cheapest and the Platimum AWD costing the most to insure.
A typical car insurance policy consists of three different coverages. For the average Nissan Murano policy, comprehensive coverage costs around $398 a year, liability/medical is about $484, and the remaining collision insurance costs about $634.
The following chart details how average 2023 Nissan Murano car insurance rates vary based on the age of the rated driver and a range of policy deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
As with all auto insurance policies, the higher the deductibles, the lower the policy costs. In the chart above rates range from an average rate for a 60-year-old driver of $1,354 up to the average rate for a 20-year-old driver of $2,984 per year.
Expect to pay much higher rates for teen drivers on a Nissan Murano. For example, a 16-year-old male driver with a clean driving record would pay around $5,356 while a 16-year-old female would pay about $4,718. By age 18, rates drop to around $4,674 for males and $4,056 for female drivers.
More rates and insights into Murano insurance cost include:
- Get better rates due to your employment. Many auto insurance providers offer discounts for certain occupations like being a member of the military, college professors, lawyers, emergency medical technicians, nurses, and others. Obtaining this discount may save between $45 and $178 on your Nissan Murano insurance bill, depending on the age of the rated driver.
- Young males pay a lot more for insurance. For a 2023 Nissan Murano, a 20-year-old man will pay an average rate of $2,984 per year, while a 20-year-old woman will get a rate of $2,226, a difference of $758 per year. The females get much better rates. But by age 50, rates for male drivers are $1,380 and the cost for female drivers is $1,352, a difference of only $28.
- Violations and tickets cost more than a fine. To get the lowest Murano insurance rates, it pays to follow the law. Not surprisingly, just a couple of traffic citations have the potential to raise insurance policy rates by at least $390 per year.
- Save money by qualifying for discounts. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers are good students, are homeowners, sign their policy early, are senior citizens, are away-from-home students, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $254 per year.
- Bring up your credit score and save. In states that have statutes allowing credit ratings to be used as a price factor, drivers who maintain a credit score over 800 could see savings as high as $238 per year over a credit score ranging from 670-739. Conversely, a below average credit score could cost as much as $276 more per year.
What is the cheapest Nissan Murano insurance?
With Nissan Murano insurance rates ranging from $1,424 to $1,596 per year for the average driver, the cheapest model to insure is the Murano S 2WD. Contrast that with the most expensive models, the Platimum AWD at $1,596 and the Platinum 2WD at $1,578 per year. Those trims will cost an extra $172 and $154 per year, respectively, over the cheapest S 2WD model.
The next table details the average Nissan Murano car insurance rates for yearly and 6-month auto insurance policies, including a monthly budget amount, for each 2023 model year trim level.
|Nissan Murano Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|Midnight Edition 2WD||$1,504||$752||$125|
|Midnight Edition AWD||$1,524||$762||$127|
Where does Murano insurance cost rank?
The Nissan Murano ranks sixth out of 31 total vehicles in the 2023 midsize SUV segment. The Murano costs an average of $1,516 per year to insure and the category median average cost is $1,724 per year, a difference of $208 per year.
When rates are compared to the best-selling models in the midsize SUV category, insurance for a Nissan Murano costs $360 less per year than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, $246 less than the Toyota Highlander, $12 more than the Ford Explorer, and $398 less than the Jeep Cherokee.
The table below shows how well average Nissan Murano car insurance rates compare to the entire midsize SUV segment. It also calculates the different between each model’s average insurance cost and the cost of insuring a Murano.
|8||Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport||$1,576||$60|
|19||Mitsubishi Outlander Sport||$1,744||$228|
|23||Hyundai Santa Fe||$1,810||$294|
|24||Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,876||$360|
|28||Tesla Model Y||$1,970||$454|
|29||Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||$2,018||$502|
Are newer models more expensive to insure?
Resisting that fancy 2023 model and driving an older Nissan Murano can reduce insurance cost by $234 per year at a minimum. Depreciation makes older vehicles worth considerably less than a new model, so insurance costs less.
The data table below details average full coverage insurance policy costs for a range of Nissan Murano model years. Average policy cost ranges from a minimum of $1,228 for a 2014 Nissan Murano to a maximum value of $1,516 for a 2023 Murano.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2023 Nissan Murano||$1,516||$758||$126|
|2022 Nissan Murano||$1,536||$768||$128|
|2021 Nissan Murano||$1,482||$741||$124|
|2020 Nissan Murano||$1,466||$733||$122|
|2019 Nissan Murano||$1,466||$733||$122|
|2018 Nissan Murano||$1,412||$706||$118|
|2017 Nissan Murano||$1,342||$671||$112|
|2016 Nissan Murano||$1,378||$689||$115|
|2015 Nissan Murano||$1,236||$618||$103|
|2014 Nissan Murano||$1,228||$614||$102|
|2013 Nissan Murano||$1,282||$641||$107|
The rates in the table above are considered “full coverage”, which means the policies include both comprehensive and collision coverage as well as liability and medical payments coverage. Eventually, the value of any vehicle drops to a point where it may not make financial sense to keep full coverage.
As the vehicle value depreciates, the benefit of having full coverage is less each year. Eliminating full coverage on an older Nissan Murano could possibly save $636 per year, depending on the level of physical damage deductibles and the age of the rated driver.
How much is Nissan Murano insurance for teenagers?
Average Nissan Murano insurance rates for teenagers range from $4,230 to $5,356 for male drivers and $3,760 to $4,718 for female drivers.
Teenage drivers (ages 16-19) will pay the most for car insurance due to their inexperience and higher likelihood of getting into accidents.
The chart below shows average car insurance rates for both male and female drivers age 16 through 19 on a 2023 Nissan Murano insured for full coverage.
|Teen Driver Gender||Age 16||Age 17||Age 18||Age 19|