- Average Toyota Matrix insurance cost is $946 per year, or $79 per month for full coverage.
- Ranked fifth out of 38 other models in the 2013 small car class, car insurance rates for the Toyota Matrix cost $215 less per year than the average cost for the segment.
- The cheapest Toyota Matrix insurance is on the 2WD trim level costing an average of $926 per year. The most expensive trim is the S AWD at $956 per year.
How much does Toyota Matrix car insurance cost?
Plan on budgeting an average of $946 yearly to insure a 2013 Toyota Matrix, or around $79 a month. When splitting out the cost of individual coverages, comprehensive will cost approximately $186 a year, liability and medical payments insurance costs around $512, and the remaining collision insurance will cost around $248.
The bar chart below details average car insurance rates for a 2013 Toyota Matrix using different risk profiles and driver ages.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$2,138||$178|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$1,870||$156|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$1,358||$113|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$1,134||$95|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$974||$81|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$946||$79|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$866||$72|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$850||$71|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$848||$71|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$790||$66|
The next table details the estimated annual and 6-month policy costs, including a monthly budget amount, for each Toyota Matrix model trim level.
|Toyota Matrix Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
Other interesting facts and figures regarding Toyota Matrix insurance include:
- Your choice of occupation could earn you policy discounts. The vast majority of car insurance providers offer policy discounts for having a job in professions like lawyers, firefighters, accountants, engineers, high school and elementary teachers, and others. By qualifying for this discount, you could potentially save between $28 and $120 on your annual car insurance cost, depending on the policy coverages selected.
- Insurance for teenage drivers is expensive. Average rates for full coverage Matrix insurance costs $3,668 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $3,342 per year for a 17-year-old driver, $3,084 per year for an 18-year-old driver, and $2,732 per year for a 19-year-old driver.
- The higher deductible you choose, the lower the policy cost. Raising the comprehensive and collision deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $98 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $188 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles increases cost. Dropping your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $102 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $194 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Driver age and gender matter. For a 2013 Toyota Matrix, a 20-year-old male driver will pay an estimated rate of $1,870 per year, while a 20-year-old woman will get a rate of $1,408, a difference of $462 per year in favor of the women by a long shot. But by age 50, the male rate is $866 and the rate for females is $852, a difference of only $14.
- High-risk car insurance can get expensive. For a 30-year-old driver, having too many accidents or violations increases the cost by $1,164 or more per year.
Toyota Matrix car insurance vs. other compact cars
When compared to other small car segment models, car insurance for a Toyota Matrix costs $212 less per year than the Honda Civic, $222 less than the Toyota Corolla, and $192 less than the Nissan Sentra.
The Toyota Matrix ranks fifth out of 38 comparison vehicles in the 2013 small car segment for most affordable car insurance rates. The Matrix costs an estimated $946 per year for insurance, while the segment median cost is $1,161 annually, a difference of $215 per year.
The following chart shows how the Matrix compares to the top-selling small cars in America like the Hyundai Elantra, Volkswagen Jetta, and the Kia Forte. A rankings table is also included following the chart that details insurance policy costs for all 38 vehicles in the 2013 small car segment.
|2||Chrysler Fiat 500||$898||-$48|
|23||Mazda Mazdaspeed 3||$1,220||$274|