- Audi R8 insurance cost averages $3,170 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- Car insurance rates for an R8 range from $2,940 to $3,400 per year for an average driver, depending on trim level.
- The R8 is one of the more expensive sports cars to insure for the 2021 model year, costing $958 more per year on average as compared to other sports cars
How much does Audi R8 insurance cost?
Audi R8 car insurance rates average $3,170 annually, or $264 if paid each month. Drivers can expect to pay around $958 more each year for Audi R8 insurance compared to similar vehicles, and $1,647 more per year than the $1,523 all-vehicle national average.
The chart below breaks down average car insurance rates on a 2021 Audi R8 with a variety of policy scenarios. Middle-aged drivers with good driving records stand the best chance at finding cheap car insurance for a Audi R8, while younger and high-risk drivers will pay higher insurance rates.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$7,218||$602|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$6,322||$527|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$4,402||$367|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$4,386||$366|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$3,404||$284|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$3,170||$264|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$2,872||$239|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$2,826||$236|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$2,632||$219|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$2,548||$212|
The table below shows average Audi R8 insurance rates for the 2014 to 2021 model years. Average prices range from $2,190 for the 2014 model up to $3,170 per year for the current 2021 model year.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Annual Rate||6-month Rate||Monthly Rate|
|2021 Audi R8||$3,170||$1,585||$264|
|2020 Audi R8||$3,070||$1,535||$256|
|2018 Audi R8||$2,820||$1,410||$235|
|2017 Audi R8||$2,634||$1,317||$220|
|2015 Audi R8||$2,256||$1,128||$188|
|2014 Audi R8||$2,190||$1,095||$183|
What is the cheapest Audi R8 insurance?
With Audi R8 insurance cost ranging from $2,940 to $3,400 per year for the average driver, the cheapest model to insure is the 5.2 Quattro Coupe. The next cheapest model to insure is the 5.2 Quattro Convertible at $3,124 per year. On average, full coverage car insurance rates start around $245 per month.
On the opposite end of the cost range, the two highest cost R8 models to insure are the 5.2 Quattro Plus Coupe, and the 5.2 Quattro Plus Convertible at around $3,216 and $3,400 per year, respectively.
The next table displays the average yearly and semi-annual auto insurance policy costs, in addition to a monthly budget amount, for each Audi R8 trim level.
|Audi R8 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|5.2 Quattro Coupe||$2,940||$1,470||$245|
|5.2 Quattro Convertible||$3,124||$1,562||$260|
|5.2 Quattro Plus Coupe||$3,216||$1,608||$268|
|5.2 Quattro Plus Convertible||$3,400||$1,700||$283|
Is Audi R8 car insurance expensive?
Insurance on an Audi R8 is expensive, as it ranks #17 out of 18 vehicles for insurance affordability in the sports car class. The R8 costs $3,170 per year for full coverage insurance, while the class average rate is $2,212 per year, a difference of $958 per year.
When rates are compared to the most popular models in the 2021 sports car segment, insurance for a Audi R8 costs $1,472 more per year than the Ford Mustang, $1,090 more than the Dodge Challenger, $1,166 more than the Chevrolet Camaro, and $1,370 more than the Subaru WRX.
The chart below shows how average Audi R8 car insurance rates compare to the top ten sports cars by sales volume in America. A larger data table is included after the chart that ranks insurance affordability for more models in the 2021 sports car segment.
|1||Mazda MX-5 Miata||$1,388||-$1,782|
|13||Lexus LC 500||$2,500||-$670|
Additional rates and policy information
Additional insights about insuring an Audi R8 include:
- Get a discount from your employment. The large majority of insurance companies offer policy discounts for specific occupations like college professors, doctors, scientists, high school and elementary teachers, farmers, and other occupations. Getting this discount applied to your policy may save between $95 and $145 on your annual car insurance bill, depending on the level of coverage purchased.
- Avoid tickets to save money. In order to get the cheapest R8 insurance rates, it pays to be a good driver. A couple of minor traffic violations could possibly raise rates by at least $812 per year.
- Research policy discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insured drivers have low annual mileage, drive a vehicle with safety or anti-theft features, take a defensive driving course, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $538 per yearon the cost of insuring a R8.
- The cost of R8 insurance for teen drivers is high. Average rates for full coverage R8 insurance costs $10,582 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $10,128 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $9,554 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- The higher the deductibles, the lower the cost. Raising your physical damage coverage deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $622 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $1,226 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low physical damage deductibles increases cost. Lowering the comprehensive and collision deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $648 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $1,296 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- As you age, car insurance rates tend to get cheaper. The difference in 2021 R8 insurance cost between a 50-year-old driver ($2,872 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($3,404 per year) is $532, or a savings of 15.6%.