- Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 car insurance costs $1,716 per year (about $143 per month) for a full coverage policy, depending on policy limits.
- Ranked #3 out of 38 vehicles in the midsize luxury car segment for 2022, average car insurance rates for the AMG CLA35 cost $287 less per year than the segment average.
How much does Mercedes AMG CLA35 insurance cost?
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance rates average $1,716 a year for full coverage. With MSRPs ranging from $47,900 to $53,320 for the 2022 model, monthly insurance rates range from $140 to $147.
Overall, expect to pay approximately $287 less annually for Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance compared to the average rate for the midsize luxury car segment, and $165 more per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,551.
The bar chart below illustrates average car insurance cost on a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 using different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,882||$324|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,406||$284|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,402||$200|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,284||$190|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,824||$152|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,716||$143|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,564||$130|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,536||$128|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,428||$119|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,426||$119|
The rate table below displays the estimated yearly and 6-month policy costs, in addition to a monthly budget estimate, for each Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 package and trim.
|Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|4Matic AMG Performance Seats||$1,760||$880||$147|
In addition to driver age, policy deductibles, and trim level, there are a lot of other factors that can affect the cost of car insurance. The list below details some other scenarios that can increase or decrease policy cost, along with some money-saving tips.
- High-risk auto insurance costs more. For a 20-year-old driver, having too many driving record violations or accidents could raise rates by $2,618 or more per year.
- Older drivers tend to pay less than younger drivers. The difference in Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($1,536 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($1,824 per year) is $288, or a savings of 15.8%.
- Avoid tickets to save money. In order to get the best AMG CLA35 insurance rates, it pays to be an excellent driver. Not surprisingly, just a couple of minor driving infractions could result in spiking policy rates as much as $442 per year.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save money. Increasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $290 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $570 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Lowering deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $304 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $600 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Rated driver gender affects the rate you pay. For a 2022 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35, a 20-year-old man pays an average price of $3,406 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays $2,518, a difference of $888 per year in favor of the women by a long shot. But by age 50, male rates are $1,564 and the cost for women is $1,532, a difference of only $32.
- Negligent drivers pay higher insurance rates. Multiple at-fault accidents raise rates, possibly by an extra $2,374 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $686 per year for a 40-year-old driver.
- Save money due to your choice of occupation. Just about all auto insurance companies offer discounts for being employed in professions like doctors, dentists, high school and elementary teachers, college professors, accountants, and others. If your occupation qualifies you for this discount, you could potentially save between $51 and $158 on your Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance bill, depending on the age of the rated driver.
Is Mercedes AMG CLA35 insurance expensive?
When compared side-by-side to popular vehicles in the midsize luxury car segment, insurance prices for a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 cost $64 less per year than the Lexus ES 350, $160 less than the BMW 530i, and $488 less than the Infiniti Q50.
It ranks #3 out of 38 comparison vehicles in the 2022 midsize luxury car segment for car insurance affordability. The AMG CLA35 costs an average of $1,716 per year for a car insurance policy with full coverage and the class median price is $2,003 per year, a difference of $287 per year.
The next table shows how average Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 car insurance rates compare to all other models in the midsize luxury sedan segment.
|2||Lexus RC 300||$1,676||-$40|
|3||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35||$1,716||--|
|7||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA45||$1,756||$40|
|9||Lexus ES 250||$1,772||$56|
|10||Lexus IS 300||$1,774||$58|
|11||Lexus ES 350||$1,780||$64|
|15||Lexus ES 300h||$1,882||$166|
|24||Lexus IS 500||$2,014||$298|
|27||Audi RS 5||$2,150||$434|
|28||Mercedes-Benz AMG C43||$2,166||$450|
|31||Mercedes-Benz AMG C63||$2,234||$518|
|34||Tesla Model S||$2,416||$700|
|35||Lexus LC 500h||$2,448||$732|