- Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 car insurance costs $1,924 per year (about $160 per month) for a full coverage policy, depending on policy limits.
- Ranked fifth out of 38 vehicles in the midsize luxury car segment for 2023, average car insurance rates for the AMG CLA35 cost $318 less per year than the segment average.
How much does Mercedes AMG CLA35 insurance cost?
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance rates average $1,924 a year for full coverage. With MSRPs ranging from $47,900 to $53,320 for the 2023 model, monthly insurance rates range from $156 to $164.
Overall, expect to pay approximately $318 less annually for Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance compared to the average rate for the midsize luxury car segment, and $239 more per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,685.
The bar chart below illustrates average car insurance cost on a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 using different driver ages and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,350||$363|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,814||$318|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,690||$224|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,560||$213|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,042||$170|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,924||$160|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,750||$146|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,718||$143|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,598||$133|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,596||$133|
The rate table below displays the estimated yearly and 6-month policy costs, in addition to a monthly budget estimate, for each Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 package and trim.
|Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|4Matic AMG Performance Seats||$1,972||$986||$164|
In addition to driver age, policy deductibles, and trim level, there are a lot of other factors that can affect the cost of car insurance. The list below details some other scenarios that can increase or decrease policy cost, along with some money-saving tips.
- High-risk auto insurance costs more. For a 20-year-old driver, having too many driving record violations or accidents could raise rates by $2,936 or more per year.
- Older drivers tend to pay less than younger drivers. The difference in Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance rates between a 60-year-old driver ($1,718 per year) and a 30-year-old driver ($2,042 per year) is $324, or a savings of 17.2%.
- Avoid tickets to save money. In order to get the best AMG CLA35 insurance rates, it pays to be an excellent driver. Not surprisingly, just a couple of minor driving infractions could result in spiking policy rates as much as $498 per year.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save money. Increasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $328 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $638 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Lowering deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $340 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $672 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Rated driver gender affects the rate you pay. For a 2023 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35, a 20-year-old man pays an average price of $3,814 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays $2,822, a difference of $992 per year in favor of the women by a long shot. But by age 50, male rates are $1,750 and the cost for women is $1,714, a difference of only $36.
- Negligent drivers pay higher insurance rates. Multiple at-fault accidents raise rates, possibly by an extra $2,658 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $766 per year for a 40-year-old driver.
- Save money due to your choice of occupation. Just about all auto insurance companies offer discounts for being employed in professions like doctors, dentists, high school and elementary teachers, college professors, accountants, and others. If your occupation qualifies you for this discount, you could potentially save between $58 and $178 on your Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 insurance bill, depending on the age of the rated driver.
Is Mercedes AMG CLA35 insurance expensive?
When compared side-by-side to popular vehicles in the midsize luxury car segment, insurance prices for a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 cost $22 more per year than the Lexus ES 350, $198 less than the BMW 530i, and $534 less than the Infiniti Q50.
It ranks fifth out of 38 comparison vehicles in the 2023 midsize luxury car segment for car insurance affordability. The AMG CLA35 costs an average of $1,924 per year for a car insurance policy with full coverage and the class median price is $2,242 per year, a difference of $318 per year.
The next table shows how average Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35 car insurance rates compare to all other models in the midsize luxury sedan segment.
|2||Lexus ES 350||$1,902||-$22|
|3||Lexus ES 250||$1,914||-$10|
|4||Lexus RC 300||$1,920||-$4|
|5||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35||$1,924||--|
|7||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA45||$1,968||$44|
|9||Lexus IS 300||$1,986||$62|
|14||Lexus ES 300h||$2,082||$158|
|20||Lexus IS 500||$2,212||$288|
|24||Mercedes-Benz EQE 350||$2,312||$388|
|25||Audi RS 5||$2,318||$394|
|28||Mercedes-Benz AMG C43||$2,358||$434|
|30||Mercedes-Benz EQE 500||$2,364||$440|
|33||Lexus LC 500h||$2,640||$716|
|35||Tesla Model S||$2,704||$780|