- Mazda CX-9 car insurance costs an average of $1,720 per year, or around $143 per month.
- The cost of full-coverage insurance on a Mazda CX-9 ranges from $1,638 to $1,786 per year for the average driver, depending on the trim level.
- Out of 31 vehicles in the midsize SUV segment, the CX-9 ranks 18th for insurance affordability.
How much does Mazda CX-9 insurance cost?
Mazda CX-9 car insurance costs an average of $1,720 a year for full coverage. Monthly insurance cost on a CX-9 ranges from $137 to $149, depending on the trim level.
Overall, expect to pay about $4 less annually for Mazda CX-9 insurance compared to the average rate for midsize SUVs, and $35 more per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,685.
The chart below displays average car insurance rates for a 2023 Mazda CX-9 using a variety of different risk scenarios.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,906||$326|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,422||$285|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,416||$201|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,264||$189|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,818||$152|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,720||$143|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,568||$131|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,538||$128|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,438||$120|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,428||$119|
To help you comprehend the incredibly large range of insurance rates, keep in mind that a CX-9 insurance policy with only liability coverage in some parts of Ohio or North Carolina can cost as little as $218 a year.
For an identical Mazda CX-9, a 16-year-old driver with a tendency to speed in some neighborhoods in Philadelphia, PA, may have to pay as much as $12,972 a year for a policy that provides full coverage.
The following table shows average Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates for the 2013-2023 model years and for various driver ages.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 Mazda CX-9||$3,422||$1,720||$1,538|
|2022 Mazda CX-9||$3,306||$1,660||$1,484|
|2021 Mazda CX-9||$3,354||$1,688||$1,506|
|2020 Mazda CX-9||$3,312||$1,664||$1,488|
|2019 Mazda CX-9||$2,950||$1,486||$1,330|
|2018 Mazda CX-9||$2,870||$1,442||$1,292|
|2017 Mazda CX-9||$2,750||$1,384||$1,242|
|2016 Mazda CX-9||$2,720||$1,368||$1,228|
|2015 Mazda CX-9||$2,504||$1,266||$1,130|
|2014 Mazda CX-9||$2,580||$1,308||$1,170|
|2013 Mazda CX-9||$2,386||$1,204||$1,076|
Which Mazda CX-9 is cheapest to insure?
The cheapest model of Mazda CX-9 to insure is the Touring model at an estimated $1,638 per year. The most expensive model to insure is the Signature trim at around $1,786 per year.
The rate table below displays average annual and 6-month car insurance policy prices, in addition to a monthly budget figure, for each Mazda CX-9 model package and trim level.
|Mazda CX-9 Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
CX-9 insurance vs. the competition: How does it rank?
The Mazda CX-9 ranks 18th out of 31 total vehicles in the 2023 midsize SUV segment for car insurance affordability. The CX-9 costs an average of $1,720 per year for insurance and the segment average cost is $1,724 per year, a difference of $4 per year.
When rates are compared to the most popular models in the midsize SUV segment, car insurance for a Mazda CX-9 costs $156 less per year than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, $42 less than the Toyota Highlander, $216 more than the Ford Explorer, and $194 less than the Jeep Cherokee.
The table below shows how average Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates compare to the entire midsize SUV segment.
|8||Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport||$1,576||-$144|
|19||Mitsubishi Outlander Sport||$1,744||$24|
|23||Hyundai Santa Fe||$1,810||$90|
|24||Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,876||$156|
|28||Tesla Model Y||$1,970||$250|
|29||Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||$2,018||$298|
Some additional important insights about CX-9 insurance rates include:
- Avoid accidents and save. Too frequent at-fault accidents can raise rates, potentially by an extra $796 per year for a 30-year-old driver and as much as $514 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Qualify for policy discounts to lower insurance cost. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are accident-free, are senior citizens, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are claim-free, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $292 per year.
- As you get older, car insurance rates go down. The difference in CX-9 insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($1,568 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,422 per year) is $1,854, or a savings of 74.3%.
- Improve your credit for cheaper car insurance. In states that do not prevent a policyholder’s credit score to be used as a rate factor, having a credit score above 800 could see savings as high as $270 per year versus a lower credit score of 670-739. Conversely, a lower credit rating could cost as much as $313 more per year.
- Policyholder gender affects insurance cost. For a 2023 Mazda CX-9, a 20-year-old man pays an average price of $3,422 per year, while a 20-year-old female will pay an average of $2,528, a difference of $894 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, male rates are $1,568 and rates for female drivers are $1,534, a difference of only $34.
- Auto insurance is cheaper with higher deductibles. Increasing your deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $282 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $550 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Decreasing your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $292 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $580 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Mazda CX-9 insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage CX-9 insurance costs $6,088 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,714 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $5,346 per year for an 18-year-old driver.