- Mazda CX-9 car insurance costs an average of $1,530 per year, or around $128 per month.
- The cost of full-coverage insurance on a Mazda CX-9 ranges from $1,474 to $1,614 per year for the average driver, depending on the trim level.
- Out of 29 vehicles in the midsize SUV segment, the CX-9 ranks #13 for insurance affordability.
How much does Mazda CX-9 insurance cost?
Mazda CX-9 car insurance costs an average of $1,530 a year for full coverage. Monthly insurance cost on a CX-9 ranges from $123 to $135, depending on the trim level.
Overall, expect to pay about $14 less annually for Mazda CX-9 insurance compared to the average rate for midsize SUVs, and $37 less per year than the all-vehicle national average of $1,567.
The chart below displays average car insurance rates for a 2022 Mazda CX-9 using a variety of different risk scenarios.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,478||$290|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,046||$254|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,152||$179|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,014||$168|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,618||$135|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,530||$128|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,396||$116|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,370||$114|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,282||$107|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,272||$106|
To help you comprehend the incredibly large range of insurance rates, keep in mind that a CX-9 insurance policy with only liability coverage in some parts of Ohio or North Carolina can cost as little as $218 a year.
For an identical Mazda CX-9, a 16-year-old driver with a tendency to speed in some neighborhoods in Philadelphia, PA, may have to pay as much as $12,312 a year for a policy that provides full coverage.
The following table shows average Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates for the 2013-2022 model years and for various driver ages.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2022 Mazda CX-9||$3,046||$1,530||$1,370|
|2021 Mazda CX-9||$3,070||$1,544||$1,380|
|2020 Mazda CX-9||$3,016||$1,516||$1,356|
|2019 Mazda CX-9||$2,722||$1,372||$1,226|
|2018 Mazda CX-9||$2,640||$1,330||$1,192|
|2017 Mazda CX-9||$2,576||$1,296||$1,160|
|2016 Mazda CX-9||$2,530||$1,274||$1,140|
|2015 Mazda CX-9||$2,358||$1,190||$1,064|
|2014 Mazda CX-9||$2,394||$1,216||$1,088|
|2013 Mazda CX-9||$2,216||$1,118||$1,000|
Which Mazda CX-9 is cheapest to insure?
The cheapest model of Mazda CX-9 to insure is the Sport model at an estimated $1,474 per year. The most expensive model to insure is the Signature trim at around $1,614 per year.
The rate table below displays average annual and 6-month car insurance policy prices, in addition to a monthly budget figure, for each Mazda CX-9 model package and trim level.
|Mazda CX-9 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
CX-9 insurance vs. the competition: How does it rank?
The Mazda CX-9 ranks #13 out of 29 total vehicles in the 2022 midsize SUV segment for car insurance affordability. The CX-9 costs an average of $1,530 per year for insurance and the segment average cost is $1,544 per year, a difference of $14 per year.
When rates are compared to the most popular models in the midsize SUV segment, car insurance for a Mazda CX-9 costs $150 less per year than the Jeep Grand Cherokee, $4 less than the Toyota Highlander, $96 more than the Ford Explorer, and $162 less than the Jeep Cherokee.
The table below shows how average Mazda CX-9 car insurance rates compare to the entire midsize SUV segment.
|12||Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport||$1,528||-$2|
|18||Mitsubishi Outlander Sport||$1,548||$18|
|21||Hyundai Santa Fe||$1,590||$60|
|24||Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,680||$150|
|26||Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||$1,768||$238|
|28||Tesla Model Y||$1,804||$274|
Some additional important insights about CX-9 insurance rates include:
- Avoid accidents and save. Too frequent at-fault accidents can raise rates, potentially by an extra $710 per year for a 30-year-old driver and as much as $460 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Qualify for policy discounts to lower insurance cost. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are accident-free, are senior citizens, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, are claim-free, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $258 per year.
- As you get older, car insurance rates go down. The difference in CX-9 insurance rates between a 50-year-old driver ($1,396 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($3,046 per year) is $1,650, or a savings of 54.2%.
- Improve your credit for cheaper car insurance. In states that do not prevent a policyholder’s credit score to be used as a rate factor, having a credit score above 800 could see savings as high as $240 per year versus a lower credit score of 670-739. Conversely, a lower credit rating could cost as much as $278 more per year.
- Policyholder gender affects insurance cost. For a 2022 Mazda CX-9, a 20-year-old man pays an average price of $3,046 per year, while a 20-year-old female will pay an average of $2,254, a difference of $792 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, male rates are $1,396 and rates for female drivers are $1,366, a difference of only $30.
- Auto insurance is cheaper with higher deductibles. Increasing your deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $248 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $488 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Low deductibles will increase rates. Decreasing your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $260 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $514 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Mazda CX-9 insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage CX-9 insurance costs $5,426 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $5,092 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $4,762 per year for a 18-year-old driver.