- Lexus RX 450hL insurance costs an average of $1,890 per year for a full coverage policy, but can vary based on the age of the rated driver.
- The RX 450hL ranks 13th out of 37 vehicles in the 2023 midsize luxury SUV class for car insurance affordability.
How much does Lexus RX 450hL insurance cost?
Lexus RX 450hL car insurance costs an average of $1,890 a year for full coverage, or around $158 a month. From the perspective of individual coverages, liability/medical is approximately $484 a year, comprehensive will cost approximately $482, and the remaining collision insurance will cost an estimated $924.
The cost summary chart below illustrates how Lexus RX 450hL car insurance rates adjust based on a variety of driver ages and the choice of policy deductible. Average insurance cost ranges from a low of $1,408 per year for a driver age 60 with a $1,000 policy deductible to the most expensive rate of $4,418 annually for a 20-year-old driver with $250 comprehensive and collision deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
Some additional data insights relative to Lexus RX 450hL insurance cost include:
- A good driving record means cheaper insurance cost. To pay the cheapest RX 450hL insurance rates, it pays to avoid traffic citations. In fact, just one or two minor driving infractions have the ramification of spiking policy cost as much as $492 per year. Serious violations such as DUI/DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,728 or more.
- Better credit scores yield better car insurance rates. Having a high credit score of 800+ could save around $297 per year compared to a slightly lower credit rating between 670-739. Conversely, a weaker credit score below 579 could cost around $344 more per year.
- Your choice of occupation could lower your rates. The vast majority of auto insurance companies offer discounts for working in professions like architects, emergency medical technicians, lawyers, nurses, scientists, and others. Earning this discount could potentially save between $57 and $178 on your RX 450hL insurance cost, depending on the level of coverage purchased.
- The higher the deductibles, the lower the cost. Raising your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $320 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $626 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- The lower deductible you choose, the higher the policy cost. Decreasing deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $332 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $658 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Young males pay a lot more for insurance. For a 2023 Lexus RX 450hL, a 20-year-old male driver pays an average price of $3,760 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays an average of $2,776, a difference of $984 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, the cost for a male driver is $1,722 and rates for female drivers are $1,686, a difference of only $36.
- Research discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are military or federal employees, are claim-free, work in certain occupations, are good students, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $320 per year on the cost of insuring a Lexus RX 450hL.
Where does RX 450hL insurance cost rank?
The Lexus RX 450hL ranks 13th out of 37 comparison vehicles in the 2023 midsize luxury SUV category for most affordable car insurance rates. The RX 450hL costs an average of $1,890 per year for full coverage auto insurance and the class median price is $2,050 per year, a difference of $160 per year.
When compared side-by-side to other popular midsize luxury SUVs, auto insurance rates for a Lexus RX 450hL cost $312 more per year than the Lexus RX 350, $340 less than the BMW X5, and $134 more than the Acura MDX.
The next table shows how average car insurance rates for the 2023 Lexus RX 450hL compare to the other midsize luxury SUVs like the Cadillac XT5, Lexus GX 460, and the Infiniti QX60.
|1||Lexus RX 350||$1,578||-$312|
|7||Lexus RX 350L||$1,804||-$86|
|8||Land Rover Discovery Sport||$1,806||-$84|
|11||Lexus RX 450h||$1,858||-$32|
|12||Lexus GX 460||$1,880||-$10|
|13||Lexus RX 450hL||$1,890||--|
|15||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLB35||$1,934||$44|
|22||Land Rover Discovery||$2,022||$132|
|23||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC43||$2,056||$166|
|26||Tesla Model X||$2,184||$294|
|27||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE53||$2,190||$300|
|30||Land Rover Range Rover Sport||$2,254||$364|
|35||Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63||$2,582||$692|
|36||Audi RS 6||$2,624||$734|