- BMW i4 insurance rates cost $2,040 per year on average, or about $170 per month, for a policy with full coverage.
- The cheapest BMW i4 insurance is on the eDrive35 trim at an estimated $1,944 per year, while the M50 xDrive model costs $2,158 per year.
- The BMW i4 is one of the cheaper midsize luxury cars to insure for 2023, costing $202 less per year on average when compared to the rest of the vehicles in the segment.
How much does BMW i4 insurance cost?
Expect to pay approximately $2,040 a year to insure a BMW i4 for full coverage. Average cost per month ranges from $162 to $180, depending on the trim level.
Your location, age, driving record, and claims history can have a significant impact on the final price for coverage. The rate summary chart below shows some different situations where BMW i4 insurance rates can be cheaper or more expensive than the average.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$4,640||$387|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$4,062||$339|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,870||$239|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,692||$224|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$2,158||$180|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$2,040||$170|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,858||$155|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,824||$152|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,706||$142|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,694||$141|
The table below details the estimated annual and 6-month policy costs, including a monthly budget amount, for each BMW i4 package and trim level available for the 2023 model year.
|BMW i4 Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
Is insurance expensive for a BMW i4?
When compared to other midsize luxury cars, car insurance rates for a BMW i4 cost $138 more per year than the Lexus ES 350, $82 less than the BMW 530i, and $418 less than the Infiniti Q50.
The BMW i4 ranks 12th out of 38 total comparison vehicles in the 2023 midsize luxury car category for car insurance affordability. The i4 costs an average of $2,040 per year for full coverage insurance, while the segment average cost is $2,242 per year, a difference of $202 per year.
The table displayed below ranks insurance cost for the entire segment, comparing the cost of BMW i4 insurance to other popular midsize luxury cars like the Audi A6, Acura ILX, and the Mercedes-Benz CLA250.
|2||Lexus ES 350||$1,902||-$138|
|3||Lexus ES 250||$1,914||-$126|
|4||Lexus RC 300||$1,920||-$120|
|5||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA35||$1,924||-$116|
|7||Mercedes-Benz AMG CLA45||$1,968||-$72|
|9||Lexus IS 300||$1,986||-$54|
|14||Lexus ES 300h||$2,082||$42|
|20||Lexus IS 500||$2,212||$172|
|24||Mercedes-Benz EQE 350||$2,312||$272|
|25||Audi RS 5||$2,318||$278|
|28||Mercedes-Benz AMG C43||$2,358||$318|
|30||Mercedes-Benz EQE 500||$2,364||$324|
|33||Lexus LC 500h||$2,640||$600|
|35||Tesla Model S||$2,704||$664|
Other rates and insights
There are many factors that can influence the price you pay for car insurance. The list below details some of those factors and how they impact BMW i4 insurance cost.
- Gender and age are two big factors. For a 2023 BMW i4, a 20-year-old male driver pays an average price of $4,062 per year, while a 20-year-old female will pay $3,006, a difference of $1,056 per year in the women’s favor by a large margin. But by age 50, male rates are $1,858 and rates for female drivers are $1,818, a difference of only $40.
- The higher deductible you choose, the lower the policy cost. Increasing your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $334 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $654 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Choosing a low deductible will increase insurance policy cost. Dropping your deductibles from $500 to $250 could cost an additional $348 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $690 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Good credit equals better rates. Having an excellent credit rating above 800 could save up to $320 per year compared to a good credit rating of 670-739. Conversely, a lesser credit score could cost around $371 more per year.
- Your employment could earn you discounts. The vast majority of car insurance providers offer discounts for occupations like dentists, doctors, nurses, high school and elementary teachers, members of the military, architects, and others. If you can earn this discount, you could potentially save between $61 and $178 on your car insurance bill, subject to policy limits.
- Research discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds are senior citizens, insure their home and car with the same company, sign their policy early, take a defensive driving course, are loyal customers, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $346 per year on the cost of insuring a BMW i4.