- Lexus NX 450h insurance costs an average of $1,598 per year, or around $133 per month, for full coverage.
- The cheapest NX 450h model to insure is the Plug-in Hybrid AWD model at $1,592 per year.
- The NX 450h Plus-in Hybrid F Sport Handling AWD is the most expensive to insure at $1,602 per year.
- Insurance for the NX 450h costs 6.8% less than the average rate for similar luxury SUV models.
How much does Lexus NX 450h insurance cost?
Plan on budgeting an average of $1,598 a year for full coverage to insure a Lexus NX 450h. For the average policy, collision insurance costs around $770 a year, liability and medical coverage costs around $436, and the remaining comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage will cost around $392.
The price summary chart below details how NX 450h car insurance costs can differ based on driver age group and a range of policy deductibles. Premiums range from $1,198 per year for a 60-year-old driver with high physical damage deductibles to the highest cost estimate of $3,730 per year for a 20-year-old driver with low policy deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
The next table displays the estimated annual and 6-month policy costs, including a monthly amount for budgeting, for each Lexus NX 450h package and trim.
|Lexus NX 450h Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|Plug-in Hybrid AWD||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Plus-in Hybrid F Sport Handling AWD||$1,602||$801||$134|
Is insurance expensive on a Lexus NX 450h?
The Lexus NX 450h ranks #10 out of 34 comparison vehicles in the small luxury SUV segment for most affordable car insurance cost. The NX 450h costs an estimated $1,598 per year to insure for full coverage, while the segment average car insurance cost is $1,714 per year, a difference of $116 per year.
When compared side-by-side to other popular small luxury SUVs, auto insurance rates for a Lexus NX 450h average $270 less per year than the BMW X3, $170 less than the Audi Q5, and $20 less than the Mercedes-Benz GLC300.
The following chart shows how average NX 450h car insurance cost compares to the most popular compact luxury SUVs. A table is also included after the chart that illustrates insurance rate comparisons for all 34 models in the segment, with the NX 450h ranked and highlighted at #10.
|4||Lexus NX 250||$1,516||-$82|
|6||Lexus NX 350h||$1,528||-$70|
|7||Lexus UX 250h||$1,530||-$68|
|8||Lexus NX 350||$1,554||-$44|
|9||Lexus UX 200||$1,558||-$40|
|10||Lexus NX 450h||$1,598||--|
|11||Mercedes-Benz GLB 250||$1,602||$4|
|12||Land Rover Evoque||$1,612||$14|
|20||Mercedes-Benz GLA35 AMG||$1,714||$116|
|23||Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG||$1,766||$168|
|26||Land Rover Defender||$1,798||$200|
|27||Land Rover Range Rover Velar||$1,806||$208|
|28||Alfa Romeo Stelvio||$1,844||$246|
|34||Aston Martin DBX||$2,772||$1,174|
Additional rates and discounts
More noteworthy data insights regarding the cost of insurance for a Lexus NX 450h include:
- Your employment could reduce your rates. The vast majority of auto insurance providers offer discounts for earning a living in occupations like architects, high school and elementary teachers, dentists, nurses, doctors, and others. Working in a qualifying occupation may save between $48 and $159 on your yearly NX 450h insurance bill, subject to the policy coverages selected.
- Negligent driving raises insurance rates. Having frequent accidents may increase rates, as much as $2,236 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even as much as $480 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Good credit scores mean better rates. Drivers with high 800+ credit scores could save a minimum of $251 per year versus a lower credit score of 670-739. Conversely, a mediocre credit score could cost around $291 more per year.
- Driver gender affects car insurance rates. For a 2022 Lexus NX 450h, a 20-year-old male driver receives an average rate of $3,186 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays an estimated $2,352, a difference of $834 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, the cost for a male driver is $1,456 and the cost for a female driver is $1,426, a difference of only $30.
- Policy discounts mean cheaper NX 450h insurance. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are military or federal employees, belong to certain professional organizations, are claim-free, insure their home and car with the same company, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $272 per year on the cost of insuring a Lexus NX 450h.