- Lexus NX 450h insurance costs an average of $1,826 per year, or around $152 per month, for full coverage.
- The cheapest NX 450h model to insure is the Plug-in Hybrid AWD model at $1,816 per year.
- The NX 450h Plus-in Hybrid F Sport Handling AWD is the most expensive to insure at $1,838 per year.
- Insurance for the NX 450h costs 7.1% less than the average rate for similar luxury SUV models.
How much does Lexus NX 450h insurance cost?
Plan on budgeting an average of $1,826 a year for full coverage to insure a Lexus NX 450h. For the average policy, collision insurance costs around $884 a year, liability and medical coverage costs around $496, and the remaining comprehensive (or other-than-collision) coverage will cost around $446.
The price summary chart below details how NX 450h car insurance costs can differ based on driver age group and a range of policy deductibles. Premiums range from $1,370 per year for a 60-year-old driver with high physical damage deductibles to the highest cost estimate of $4,272 per year for a 20-year-old driver with low policy deductibles.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
The next table displays the estimated annual and 6-month policy costs, including a monthly amount for budgeting, for each Lexus NX 450h package and trim.
|Lexus NX 450h Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|Plug-in Hybrid AWD||$1,816||$908||$151|
|Plus-in Hybrid F Sport Handling AWD||$1,838||$919||$153|
Is insurance expensive on a Lexus NX 450h?
The Lexus NX 450h ranks 11th out of 37 comparison vehicles in the small luxury SUV segment for most affordable car insurance cost. The NX 450h costs an estimated $1,826 per year to insure for full coverage, while the segment average car insurance cost is $1,960 per year, a difference of $134 per year.
When compared side-by-side to other popular small luxury SUVs, auto insurance rates for a Lexus NX 450h average $306 less per year than the BMW X3, $216 less than the Audi Q5, and $18 less than the Mercedes-Benz GLC300.
The following chart shows how average NX 450h car insurance cost compares to the most popular compact luxury SUVs. A table is also included after the chart that illustrates insurance rate comparisons for all 37 models in the segment, with the NX 450h ranked and highlighted at 11th.
|4||Lexus UX 250h||$1,694||-$132|
|6||Mercedes-Benz GLB 250||$1,762||-$64|
|7||Lexus NX 250||$1,786||-$40|
|8||Lexus NX 350h||$1,806||-$20|
|9||Lexus NX 350||$1,818||-$8|
|11||Lexus NX 450h||$1,826||--|
|13||Alfa Romeo Tonale||$1,842||$16|
|15||Lexus RZ 450e||$1,848||$22|
|18||Land Rover Evoque||$1,878||$52|
|21||Mercedes-Benz GLA35 AMG||$1,964||$138|
|23||Mercedes-Benz EQB 300||$2,008||$182|
|25||Mercedes-Benz GLA45 AMG||$2,020||$194|
|26||Alfa Romeo Stelvio||$2,028||$202|
|28||Land Rover Range Rover Velar||$2,050||$224|
|29||Mercedes-Benz EQB 350||$2,052||$226|
|31||Land Rover Defender||$2,098||$272|
|37||Aston Martin DBX||$3,514||$1,688|
Additional rates and discounts
More noteworthy data insights regarding the cost of insurance for a Lexus NX 450h include:
- Your employment could reduce your rates. The vast majority of auto insurance providers offer discounts for earning a living in occupations like architects, high school and elementary teachers, dentists, nurses, doctors, and others. Working in a qualifying occupation may save between $55 and $183 on your yearly NX 450h insurance bill, subject to the policy coverages selected.
- Negligent driving raises insurance rates. Having frequent accidents may increase rates, as much as $2,566 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even as much as $552 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Good credit scores mean better rates. Drivers with high 800+ credit scores could save a minimum of $287 per year versus a lower credit score of 670-739. Conversely, a mediocre credit score could cost around $332 more per year.
- Driver gender affects car insurance rates. For a 2023 Lexus NX 450h, a 20-year-old male driver receives an average rate of $3,646 per year, while a 20-year-old female driver pays an estimated $2,692, a difference of $954 per year. The females get the cheaper rate by far. But by age 50, the cost for a male driver is $1,664 and the cost for a female driver is $1,632, a difference of only $32.
- Policy discounts mean cheaper NX 450h insurance. Discounts may be available if the policyholders are military or federal employees, belong to certain professional organizations, are claim-free, insure their home and car with the same company, or many other discounts which could save the average driver as much as $306 per year on the cost of insuring a Lexus NX 450h.