- Buick Envision car insurance costs $1,410 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- The cheapest Envision to insure is the base Preferred trim level at an estimated $1,322 per year. The most expensive is the Avenir AWD at $1,494 annually.
- When compared to other small SUVs, the Buick Envision is one of the cheaper small SUVs to insure, costing $196 less per year on average.
How much does Buick Envision car insurance cost?
Average car insurance rates for a 2023 Buick Envision cost $1,410 per year for a full coverage policy. Monthly car insurance cost ranges from $110 to $125, depending on the trim level being insured.
When a policy is broken down into individual coverages, collision insurance will cost an estimated $594 a year, liability and medical (or PIP) coverage costs about $402, and the remaining comprehensive coverage costs around $414.
The following chart illustrates average car insurance rates on a 2023 Buick Envision using different combinations of risk and driver age.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,122||$260|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$2,744||$229|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$1,950||$163|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$1,848||$154|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,492||$124|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,410||$118|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,282||$107|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,256||$105|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,180||$98|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,176||$98|
Some other helpful Envision rate scenarios and possible discounts to watch for are as follows:
- High-risk drivers pay a lot more for insurance. For a 30-year-old driver, being required to buy a high-risk insurance policy could cost as much as $1,630 more per year over a standard policy.
- Be a careful driver and save. Having frequent at-fault accidents will raise rates, potentially by an extra $1,880 per year for a 20-year-old driver and as much as $386 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the insureds drive low annual mileage, work in certain occupations, are senior citizens, are homeowners, are accident-free, or many other policy discounts which could save as much as $234 per year on their insurance cost.
- As driver age goes up, rates trend downward. The difference in insurance rates for an Envision between a 50-year-old driver ($1,282 per year) and a 20-year-old driver ($2,744 per year) is $1,462, or a savings of 72.6%.
- A good driving record pays dividends. If you want the cheapest Buick Envision insurance quotes, it pays to be an excellent driver. As few as two traffic violations have the potential to raise insurance rates as much as $348 per year. Serious misdemeanor violations such as DUI/DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,228 or more.
What is the cheapest Buick Envision insurance?
With rates ranging from $1,322 to $1,494 per year for the average driver, the cheapest Buick Envision insurance rates are on the base Preferred model. The next cheapest model to insure is the Preferred AWD at $1,378 per year. Plan on paying at least $110 per month to insure an Envision for full coverage.
In the upper range of insurance prices, the three most expensive Buick Envision models to insure are the Envision Essence AWD, the Avenir, and the Avenir AWD trim levels at $1,406, $1,478, and $1,494 per year, respectively.
The table below displays average car insurance rates, plus a monthly budget figure, for each 2023 Buick Envision model and trim level.
|Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
Is an Envision a cheap small SUV to insure?
The Buick Envision ranks seventh out of 47 total comparison vehicles in the small SUV segment. The Envision costs an average of $1,410 per year to insure, while the category average cost is $1,606 per year, a difference of $196 per year.
When compared directly to top-selling vehicles in the small SUV class, car insurance for a Buick Envision costs $224 less per year than the Toyota RAV4, $86 less than the Honda CR-V, $178 less than the Chevrolet Equinox, and $212 less than the Nissan Rogue.
The chart below shows how car insurance rates for a Buick Envision compare to the top 10 best-selling small SUVs. You can also view a larger table after the chart that details average rate comparisons for the entire 47 vehicle small SUV segment.
|4||Nissan Rogue Sport||$1,378||-$32|
|17||Ford Bronco Sport||$1,536||$126|
|21||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||$1,572||$162|
|23||Toyota Corolla Cross||$1,592||$182|
|34||Mini Cooper Clubman||$1,674||$264|
|39||Hyundai Ioniq 5||$1,764||$354|
|40||Mini Cooper Countryman||$1,812||$402|
|47||Ford Mustang Mach-E||$1,996||$586|
If you’re shopping for a new vehicle on a budget (who doesn’t), then it can be useful to know how insurance cost compares between vehicles that are closest in price to an Envision.
The Envision has an average MSRP of $41,457, which ranges from $34,795 to $48,855.
The four compact SUV models that have the most similar average MSRP to the Buick Envision for the 2023 model year are the Mini Cooper Countryman, Toyota bz4X, Mini Cooper Clubman, and Volkswagen ID4. The data below shows how those models compare to the Buick Envision by sticker price and the average cost of insurance.
- Compared to the Mini Cooper Countryman – The 2023 Buick Envision has an average MSRP that is $513 more expensive than the Mini Cooper Countryman ($41,457 versus $40,944). Insurance for the Mini Cooper Countryman costs an average of $402 more per year than the Buick Envision.
- Compared to the Toyota bz4X – The average MSRP for a 2023 Buick Envision is $2,893 cheaper than the Toyota bz4X, at $41,457 compared to $44,350. Anticipate paying an average of $306 more per year for insurance on the Toyota bz4X compared to an Envision.
- Compared to the Mini Cooper Clubman – Having an average sticker price of $38,117 and ranging from $34,500 to $43,250, the 2023 Mini Cooper Clubman costs $3,340 less than the Envision. The average insurance cost for a 2023 Envision compared to the Mini Cooper Clubman is $264 less every 12 months.
- Compared to the Volkswagen ID4 – The average MSRP for a 2023 Buick Envision is $4,951 cheaper than the Volkswagen ID4, at $41,457 compared to $46,408. The cost to insure a Buick Envision compared to the Volkswagen ID4 is $422 less each year on average.
Buick Envision prior model year insurance rates
The following sections detail Buick Envision insurance rates for every trim level offered since the 2017 model year. Current 2023 rates and data is found in the above content sections.
2022 Buick Envision Car Insurance Rates
A 2022 Buick Envision averages $1,406 per year to insure, or around $117 per month. Rates range from $1,290 per year for the Envision Preferred to $1,488 for the Envision Avenir AWD.
|2022 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
2021 Buick Envision Car Insurance Rates
Average car insurance rates for a 2021 Buick Envision are $1,354 per year, or around $113 per month. Rates range from $1,248 per year for the Envision 2WD to $1,430 for the Envision Premium II AWD.
|2021 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|Premium II AWD||$1,430||$119|
2020 Buick Envision Car Insurance Rates
Average car insurance rates for a 2020 Buick Envision are $1,334 per year, or around $111 per month. Rates range from $1,230 per year for the Envision 2WD to $1,408 for the Envision Premium II AWD.
|2020 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|Premium II AWD||$1,408||$117|
2019 Buick Envision Insurance Rates
Insurance rates for a 2019 Buick Envision average $1,414 per year, or about $118 per month. Rates range from $1,302 per year for the Envision 2WD to $1,492 for the Envision Premium II AWD.
|2019 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|Premium II AWD||$1,492||$124|
2018 Buick Envision Auto Insurance Rates
2018 Buick Envision auto insurance rates average $1,402 per year, or around $117 per month. Cost ranges from $1,356 per year for the Envision 2WD to $1,444 for the Envision Premium II AWD.
|2018 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|
|Premium II AWD||$1,444||$120|
2017 Buick Envision Insurance Rates
A 2017 Buick Envision averages $1,342 per year for full coverage car insurance, or around $112 per month. Rates range from $1,308 per year for the Envision 2WD to $1,390 for the Envision Premium AWD.
|2017 Buick Envision Trim Level||Annual Rate||Per Month|