- Subaru Crosstrek insurance costs $1,380 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- With an insurance cost range of $208, the cheapest Crosstrek insurance is on the base AWD model at around $1,294 per year, and the most expensive model to insure is the Plug-in Hybrid AWD costing $1,502 per year.
- When compared to other small SUVs, the 2023 Subaru Crosstrek is one of the cheaper small SUVs to insure, costing $269 less per year less than the segment average rate.
- Deleting physical damage insurance coverage on an older Subaru Crosstrek could potentially save around $720 per year, depending on the policy deductibles and the age of the rated driver.
How much does Subaru Crosstrek car insurance cost?
Subaru Crosstrek insurance costs an average of $1,380 per year for a policy with full coverage. Monthly insurance cost for the Crosstrek ranges from $108 to $125, depending on the trim level.
Collision coverage will cost about $650 a year, liability/medical (or PIP) coverage is an estimated $412, and the remaining comprehensive is around $318. These amounts are only estimates, as the cost of coverage is determined by each individual insurance company and there are a lot of factors that impact the actual rate you’ll pay.
The chart below breaks down average 2023 Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates using variations of driver age and risk profiles. The overall average rate we use for comparisons is the rate shown for a 40-year-old safe driver.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,150||$263|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$2,756||$230|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$1,948||$162|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$1,812||$151|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,460||$122|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,380||$115|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,260||$105|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,238||$103|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,162||$97|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,150||$96|
The costs shown in the chart above have a pretty wide range, from $1,150 for a 40-year-old driver who qualifies for a discount rate, up to $3,150 for a 30-year-old driver who has to buy a high-risk policy.
That seems like a wide range, but in fact, liability-only insurance on a Crosstrek could cost under $250 a year in some parts of the country, while a 16-year-old driver with a spotty driving record could pay as much as $11,514 a year in some of the higher-rate areas.
What is the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance?
The cheapest trim level of Subaru Crosstrek to insure is the base AWD model at around $1,294 per year, or about $108 per month. The second cheapest model is the Premium AWD model costing an average of $1,320 per year.
The most expensive trim is the Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid AWD at $1,502 per year, or around $125 per month. It will cost about $250 more per year to insure the Hybrid Crosstrek compared to the base model.
The table below details average 2023 Subaru Crosstrek car insurance rates for annual, semi-annual, and monthly policy terms.
|Subaru Crosstrek Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
|Plug-in Hybrid AWD||$1,502||$751||$125|
Is Crosstrek insurance cheaper than other small SUVs?
The Subaru Crosstrek ranks second out of 47 comparison vehicles in the 2023 small SUV class. The Crosstrek costs an average of $1,380 per year for full coverage insurance, while the segment average cost is $1,649 per year, a difference of $269.
When compared directly to popular vehicles in the small SUV segment, insurance rates for a Subaru Crosstrek cost $296 less per year than the Toyota RAV4, $154 less than the Honda CR-V, $250 less than the Chevrolet Equinox, and $280 less than the Ford Escape.
The chart below shows how Crosstrek car insurance rates compare to the top 10 best-selling small SUVs for the 2023 model year. Following the chart is a table that ranks all 47 small SUV models for insurance affordability, with the Crosstrek coming in at second.
|4||Nissan Rogue Sport||$1,412||$32|
|17||Ford Bronco Sport||$1,576||$196|
|21||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||$1,616||$236|
|23||Toyota Corolla Cross||$1,634||$254|
|34||Mini Cooper Clubman||$1,720||$340|
|39||Hyundai Ioniq 5||$1,814||$434|
|40||Mini Cooper Countryman||$1,860||$480|
|47||Ford Mustang Mach-E||$2,048||$668|
New vs. used car insurance rates
Forgoing the newest 2023 model and instead insuring a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek could save $274 per year, depending on policy limits. Even a nearly-new 2019 model could save $118 per year.
The data table below details average Subaru Crosstrek car insurance rates for drivers aged 20 to 60 for the 2016 through 2023 model years.
|Model Year and Vehicle||Driver Age 20||Driver Age 40||Driver Age 60|
|2023 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,756||$1,380||$1,238|
|2022 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,718||$1,364||$1,222|
|2021 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,988||$1,488||$1,336|
|2020 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,950||$1,468||$1,318|
|2019 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,516||$1,262||$1,136|
|2018 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,376||$1,192||$1,070|
|2017 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,338||$1,172||$1,054|
|2016 Subaru Crosstrek||$2,190||$1,106||$990|
Additional Subaru Crosstrek car insurance rates
If the tables and charts above weren’t enough data to absorb, here are a few more tidbits of information that could lower rates or potentially save you money.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the policyholders insure their home and car with the same company, work in certain occupations, belong to certain professional organizations, are loyal customers, are accident-free, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $230 per year on the cost of insuring a Crosstrek.
- A clean driving record saves money. If you want to pay the best price on Crosstrek insurance, it’s necessary to drive conservatively. A few minor moving violations have the ramification of spiking the price of a policy as much as $362 per year. Major infractions such as DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,280 or more.
- Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage Crosstrek insurance costs $4,950 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $4,638 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $4,334 per year for an 18-year-old driver.
- High-risk insurance is expensive. For a 20-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk insurance policy could trigger a rate increase of $2,156 or more per year.
- Get cheaper Crosstrek auto insurance rates because of your profession. Some insurance companies offer policy discounts for being employed in occupations like firefighters, nurses, architects, emergency medical technicians, lawyers, and others. If your occupation qualifies you for this discount, you may save between $41 and $183 on your annual auto insurance bill, depending on the age of the driver.