- Subaru CrossTrek insurance costs $1,224 per year for a full coverage policy, depending on the trim level.
- With an insurance cost range of $188, the cheapest Crosstrek insurance is on the base AWD model at around $1,134 per year, and the most expensive model to insure is the Plug-in Hybrid AWD costing $1,322 per year.
- When compared to other small SUVs, the 2022 Subaru CrossTrek is one of the cheaper small SUVs to insure, costing $202 less per year less than the segment average rate.
- Deleting physical damage insurance coverage on an older Subaru CrossTrek could potentially save $670 per year, depending on the policy deductibles and the age of the rated driver.
How much does Subaru CrossTrek car insurance cost?
Subaru CrossTrek insurance costs an average of $1,224 per year for a policy with full coverage. Monthly insurance cost for the CrossTrek ranges from $95 to $110, depending on the trim level.
Collision coverage will cost about $576 a year, liability/medical (or PIP) coverage is an estimated $362, and the remaining comprehensive is around $286. These amounts are only estimates, as the cost of coverage is determined by each individual insurance company and there are a lot of factors that impact the actual rate you’ll pay.
The chart below breaks down average 2022 Subaru CrossTrek insurance cost using variations of driver age and risk profiles. The overall average rate we use for comparisons is the rate shown for a 40-year-old safe driver.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$2,784||$232|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$2,440||$203|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$1,724||$144|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$1,606||$134|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,294||$108|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,224||$102|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,118||$93|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,096||$91|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,030||$86|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,020||$85|
The costs shown in the chart above have a pretty wide range, from $1,020 for a 40-year-old driver who qualifies for a discount rate, up to $2,784 for a 30-year-old driver who has to buy a high-risk policy.
That seems like a wide range, but in fact, liability-only insurance on a CrossTrek could cost under $250 a year in some parts of the country, while a 16-year-old driver with a spotty driving record could pay as much as $13,926 a year in some of the higher-rate areas.
What is the cheapest Subaru CrossTrek insurance?
The cheapest trim level of Subaru Crosstrek to insure is the base AWD model at around $1,134 per year, or about $95 per month. The second cheapest model is the Premium AWD model costing an average of $1,182 per year.
The most expensive trim is the Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid AWD at $1,322 per year, or around $110 per month. It will cost about $250 more per year to insure the Hybrid CrossTrek compared to the base model.
The table below details average 2022 Subaru CrossTrek car insurance rates for annual, semi-annual, and monthly policy terms.
|Subaru Crosstrek Trim Level||Annual Policy||6-month Policy||Per Month|
|Plug-in Hybrid AWD||$1,322||$661||$110|
Is CrossTrek insurance cheaper than other small SUVs?
The Subaru CrossTrek ranks #4 out of 46 comparison vehicles in the 2022 small SUV class. The Crosstrek costs an average of $1,224 per year for full coverage insurance, while the segment average cost is $1,426 per year, a difference of $202.
When compared directly to popular vehicles in the small SUV segment, insurance rates for a Subaru CrossTrek cost $216 less per year than the Toyota RAV4, $112 less than the Honda CR-V, $200 less than the Chevrolet Equinox, and $522 less than the Jeep Wrangler.
The chart below shows how CrossTrek car insurance rates compare to the top 10 best selling small SUVs for the 2022 model year. Following the chart is a table that ranks all 46 small SUV models for insurance affordability, with the CrossTrek coming in at #4.
|7||Nissan Rogue Sport||$1,272||$48|
|11||Toyota Corolla Cross||$1,310||$86|
|21||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||$1,408||$184|
|34||Hyundai Ioniq 5||$1,514||$290|
|35||Mini Cooper Clubman||$1,516||$292|
|41||Mini Cooper Countryman||$1,582||$358|
|44||Ford Mustang Mach-E||$1,726||$502|
How much is insurance on a used CrossTrek?
Forgoing the newest 2022 model and instead insuring a 2016 Subaru CrossTrek could save $220 per year, depending on policy limits. Even a nearly-new 2019 model could save $88 per year.
The data table below details average Subaru CrossTrek car insurance rates for drivers age 20 to 60 for the 2016 through 2022 model years. Insurance cost ranges from a low of $902 for a 60-year-old driver rated on a 2016 Subaru CrossTrek to the most expensive rate of $2,440 per year for a 20-year-old driving a 2022 model.
|Model Year||Driver Age 20||Age 30||Age 40||Age 50||Age 60|
Additional Subaru CrossTrek car insurance rates
If the tables and charts above weren’t enough data to absorb, here are a few more tidbits of information that could lower rates or potentially save you money.
- Find cheaper rates by qualifying for policy discounts. Discounts may be available if the policyholders insure their home and car with the same company, work in certain occupations, belong to certain professional organizations, are loyal customers, are accident-free, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $204 per year on the cost of insuring a Crosstrek.
- A clean driving record saves money. If you want to pay the best price on Crosstrek insurance, it’s necessary to drive conservatively. A few minor moving violations have the ramification of spiking the price of a policy as much as $320 per year. Major infractions such as DWI and leaving the scene of an accident could raise rates by an additional $1,126 or more.
- Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates for teenagers are high. Average rates for full coverage Crosstrek insurance costs $4,370 per year for a 16-year-old driver, $4,096 per year for a 17-year-old driver, and $3,828 per year for a 18-year-old driver.
- High risk insurance is expensive. For a 20-year-old driver, having to buy a high-risk insurance policy could trigger a rate increase of $1,904 or more per year.
- Get cheaper Crosstrek auto insurance rates because of your profession. Some insurance companies offer policy discounts for being employed in occupations like firefighters, nurses, architects, emergency medical technicians, lawyers, and other occupations. If your occupation qualifies you for this discount, you may save between $37 and $159 on your annual auto insurance bill, depending on the age of the driver.