- The average Toyota bz4X insurance cost is $1,716 per year, or $143 per month for full coverage.
- Ranked 37th out of 47 vehicles in the small SUV segment, average car insurance rates for the Toyota bz4X cost $110 more per year than the segment average.
- Drivers can find the cheapest insurance on the XLE trim level at $1,690 per year.
- The bz4X Limited has the highest rates at $1,742 per year.
How much does Toyota bz4X insurance cost?
Ranked 37th out of 47 vehicles in the small SUV class, Toyota bz4X insurance averages around $1,716 yearly, or $143 if paid each month. With the average small SUV costing $1,606 a year to insure, the Toyota bz4X costs $110 more per year to insure.
The next price chart breaks down average insurance cost on a 2023 bz4X using variations of driver age and risk profiles.
|Driver Risk Profile||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|High Risk Driver Age 30||$3,896||$325|
|Safe Driver Age 20||$3,412||$284|
|At-fault Accidents Age 40||$2,410||$201|
|Low Deductibles Age 40||$2,260||$188|
|Safe Driver Age 30||$1,812||$151|
|Safe Driver Age 40||$1,716||$143|
|Safe Driver Age 50||$1,562||$130|
|Safe Driver Age 60||$1,534||$128|
|High Deductibles Age 40||$1,436||$120|
|Discount Rate Age 40||$1,426||$119|
In addition to driver age and risk, the trim level makes a difference in the price of car insurance. Higher cost models with more expensive options tend to also have higher cost insurance prices.
The next table shows average insurance rates for the trim levels available on the 2023 Toyota bz4X.
|Toyota bz4X Trim Level||Annual Policy||Six-Month Policy||Per Month|
How to make sure you’re not overpaying for car insurance
Proactive drivers can make choices that directly affect the price they pay for their auto insurance policy. The list below outlines some of the steps you can take to make sure your insurance rates don’t get out of control.
- Car insurance is cheaper with higher deductibles. Raising your policy deductibles from $500 to $1,000 could save around $280 per year for a 40-year-old driver and $546 per year for a 20-year-old driver.
- Get cheaper rates because of your employer. Some car insurance companies offer policy discounts for specific professions like high school and elementary teachers, college professors, emergency medical technicians, nurses, doctors, architects, and others. Qualifying for this discount could potentially save between $51 and $178 on your annual insurance cost, depending on your policy.
- High-risk auto insurance costs more. For a 50-year-old driver, having enough accidents and violations to require a high-risk insurance policy increases the cost by $2,008 or more per year.
- Don’t be a negligent driver. Too many at-fault accidents can cost more, potentially as much as $2,394 per year for a 20-year-old driver and even $510 per year for a 60-year-old driver.
- Research policy discounts to save money. Discounts may be available if the insureds belong to certain professional organizations, drive a vehicle with safety or anti-theft features, choose electronic billing, insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, or many other policy discounts which could save the average driver as much as $290 per year on their insurance cost.
Toyota bz4X insurance vs. other compact SUVs
When compared to other small SUV models, car insurance prices for a 2023 Toyota bz4X cost $82 more per year than the Toyota RAV4, $220 more than the Honda CR-V, and $128 more than the Chevrolet Equinox.
The Toyota bz4X ranks 37th out of 47 total comparison vehicles in the small SUV segment for most affordable auto insurance rates. The bz4X costs an average of $1,716 per year to insure, while the category median cost is $1,606 per year, a difference of $110 more per year.
The following table shows how car insurance rates for a bz4X compare to the rest of the models in the 2023 compact SUV segment (luxury models not included).
|4||Nissan Rogue Sport||$1,378||-$338|
|17||Ford Bronco Sport||$1,536||-$180|
|21||Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross||$1,572||-$144|
|23||Toyota Corolla Cross||$1,592||-$124|
|34||Mini Cooper Clubman||$1,674||-$42|
|39||Hyundai Ioniq 5||$1,764||$48|
|40||Mini Cooper Countryman||$1,812||$96|
|47||Ford Mustang Mach-E||$1,996||$280|
When average purchase price for each vehicle in the small SUV segment is factored in, we can discover how insurance cost compares between the bz4X and models with similar MSRP. A 2023 model year bz4X has an average purchase price of $44,350, before destination and documentation fees.
The small SUV models that are closest in price to the bz4X for the 2023 model year are the Volkswagen ID4, Buick Envision, Mini Cooper Countryman, and Hyundai Ioniq 5. The list below shows how they compare to a 2023 Toyota bz4X by price and average insurance policy cost.
- Compared to the Volkswagen ID4 – With an average sticker price of $46,408 and ranging from $37,495 to $53,745, the Volkswagen ID4 costs $2,058 more than the average sticker price for the Toyota bz4X. Full-coverage insurance on the Volkswagen ID4 costs an average of $116 more every 12 months than the Toyota bz4X.
- Compared to the Buick Envision – The 2023 Toyota bz4X has an average MSRP that is $2,893 more expensive than the Buick Envision ($44,350 versus $41,457). Insuring a 2023 bz4X compared to the Buick Envision costs an average of $306 more every 12 months.
- Compared to the Mini Cooper Countryman – The average MSRP for a 2023 Toyota bz4X is $3,406 more expensive than the Mini Cooper Countryman, at $44,350 compared to $40,944. The average insurance cost for a bz4X compared to the Mini Cooper Countryman is $96 less every 12 months.
- Compared to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 – With an average MSRP of $48,517 and ranging from $45,500 to $52,600, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 costs $4,167 more than the Toyota bz4X. The average insurance cost for a bz4X compared to the Hyundai Ioniq 5 is $48 less each year.