- Arizona car insurance costs an average of $1,370 per year, or approximately $114 per month.
- Out of four Southwest region states, Arizona ranks second for car insurance affordability. For all 50 states, Arizona ranks 31st for cheapest car insurance rates.
- The cheapest car insurance in Arizona is on models like the Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-3, and Honda CR-V compact SUVs.
What is average car insurance cost in Arizona?
In Arizona, the average cost of car insurance is $1,370 per year, which is 10% less than the U.S. national average rate of $1,523. Per month, Arizona car insurance averages $114 for full coverage.
Average Arizona car insurance quotes for the most popular new vehicles sold in the last year include the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 at an average of $1,426 per year, the Ram 1500 at $1,490, the Subaru Forester at $1,018, the Subaru Outback at $1,164, and the Chevrolet Equinox at $1,238 per year.
For the most popular used cars, The Ram and Chevy trucks made the list as well as the Nissan Sentra at an average insurance cost of $1,354, the Toyota Corolla at $1,190 per year, and the Nissan Altima at $1,416 per year.
Popular luxury models like the BMW X3, the Acura MDX, and the Tesla Model S cost an average of $1,494, $1,296, and $2,394 per year, respectively, for full-coverage car insurance.
The chart below shows average car insurance cost in Arizona for all 2021 model year vehicles and different driver ages and policy deductible amounts.
|Driver Age||Deductible||Annual Cost||Monthly Cost|
When annual average rates are converted to a monthly figures, the average cost of car insurance per month in Arizona ranges from $87 to $263 for the rates shown in the chart.
The list below includes some additional situations that can cause rates increases or decreases for the average driver.
- Minor traffic violations like a speeding ticket could increase the annual cost of auto insurance in Arizona by up to $356 per year.
- Bundling your home and car insurance with the same company could save up to $178 per year.
- An at-fault accident could cause your rates to increase by as much as $562 each year, not to mention losing any claim-free policy discounts.
- A 40-year-old driver with a serious violation like driving without insurance or a DUI could see a rate increase of $1,256 or more per year.
- The vehicle you insure makes a significant difference in the cost. For example, driving a Toyota Tacoma instead of a Ram 1500 pickup could save as much as $1,014 per year on car insurance cost.
How does Arizona car insurance compare to other states?
When compared to surrounding states, Arizona car insurance rates are 18.3% less than California, 19.3% less than Nevada, 4.3% more than New Mexico, 15.4% less than Colorado, and 10.5% more than Utah.
When compared to states in other regions of the U.S., the average cost of auto insurance in Arizona is 12.5% cheaper than Georgia, 18.5% cheaper than New York, 33% cheaper than Florida, and 17.3% more expensive than North Dakota.
The chart below shows how auto insurance cost in Arizona compares to the other Southwest U.S. states of New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma. Arizona ranks second out of the four states in the Southwest region for cheapest car insurance rates, and ranks #31 of all 50 states.
|Southwest Region States||Average Insurance Cost||Annual Difference|
What is the cheapest car insurance in Arizona?
The cheapest car insurance quotes in Arizona are found on the Subaru Forester, which coincidentally is one of the top selling new vehicles in the state. The Subaru Forester costs an average of $1,018 per year for full coverage insurance in Arizona.
Other models that have some of the best car insurance rates in Arizona include the Volkswagen Golf at $1,094 per year, the Mazda 6 at $1,272 per year, the Ford Edge at $1,088 per year, and the Toyota Tacoma at $1,156 per year. Those models are the cheapest in their individual segments.
The table below ranks the top 50 vehicles with the cheapest car insurance in Arizona from the 2021 model year.
Arizona car insurance rates for popular vehicles
The chart below shows average auto insurance rates in Arizona for 15 of the more popular vehicles sold in the state. Out of the top 50 vehicles with the cheapest car insurance rates, only the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Toyota Tacoma, and Nissan Rogue made it into this chart.
|Make/Model||Annual Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee||$1,496||$125|
Car insurance in larger Arizona cities
Average car insurance rates are shown below for some of the larger cities in Arizona. Each city has it’s own dedicated page that shows not only average rates, but also the cheapest vehicles to insure for a variety of automotive segments.